Radisson Blu Hotel, Belfast
US$92
US$59
ibis budget
1,679 results
All reviewsa business class roombusiness parkcity centrenespresso machinejunior suitenice hotelmini barbar foodquiet locationwithin walking distancestandard roomreception staffweekend breakmin walkstayed here for one nightcar parklovely room
Reviewed 20 October 2013

Stayed here with my sister for the wedding of her best friend.Arrived late due to problems with the aircraft stuck in Milan.Checked in and found our room to be double instead of twin we had booked but had to meet rest of the party so left it till next morning to speak to reception.On doing so next morning we met Sue,mangeress who couldnt have been more helpful.She sorted the room and when we came back from breakfast it was ready and the reception staff approached us before we got to them with our new key!!!The rooms were of a high standard,no problems.Most of the wedding party stayed here and rooms were changed for other guests no problem.The staff here could not be faulted,all were polite and helpful and this was the feeling of rest of the wedding party that stayed here.The Clandeboye Estate where the wedding took place was amazing and staying here added to the day.A big thanks again to Sue and the staff would definitely stay here again!!!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Diane J
Reviewed 19 October 2013

We had a two night stay at this hotel and had booked a twin room. However when we went to our room it turned out to be a double. On phoning reception they were most apologetic and immediately found us a twin room and as a gesture to apologise upgraded us to a superior room. The staff were helpful, friendly and polite at all times.
We ate in the restaurant on one occasion and we found the food to be good and served in a appetising manner.
We enjoyed our stay at the Radisson and would have no hesitation in checking here again.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Robin W
Reviewed 19 October 2013

For a Radisson it was very disappointing. We travel by train and it is not very handy to the train station. We had asked for directions before we went and the directions they sent us were rubbish. We had to ask twice before we could find it. It is in fact closer to Central station than the Great Victoria station. Housekeeping left a lot to be desired. There were water rings on the tables, after the first night they did not replace the coffee, there was only one bar of soap which we had to transfer between the tub and the sink, and the bed was very hard. For the price you would think breakfast would be inclued but it is in fact very expensive. I expected more from a Sheraton.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
JanHanak, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Belfast, responded to this reviewResponded 18 December 2013

I'm sorry to see that we only scored 3* and have followed up on your comments in regards to the housekeeping - I would like to assure you that this is not the usual level of service and guest satisfaction we provide. You are absolutely right; hotel is closer to the Central Station than Victoria Station, which would be 10 to 15 minutes walk away from us. For that I would recommend a taxi which would be not more than 10 Pounds and is definitely a good to take especially if you are not familiar with the city. I'm not sure what map have you received from us, but suspicious it was Google maps PDF - which unfortunately doesn't have the location of the VIctoria Station right - it is something we have reported to them after your comment - so thank you for your feedback.
I hope to see you in our hotel again, please do let me know if you are in Belfast again (my email is Jan.Hanak@RadissonBlu.com) and I'll be pleased to look after your booking and esure you have a great stay with us.
Jan

Reviewed 14 October 2013

Let me start with the positives: nicely located, close to everything yet off the beaten path so there is very little street noise. The room was nice and modern and quite large by European standards. The heated tiles in the bathroom were a great touch. My beef with this place is that the staff is very cold. Yes, they are precise in the processes of checking you in and out but there is nothing extra. No good afternoon, no offer of maps or concierge services, very little personalized service.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank tvnsow
JanHanak, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Belfast, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2013

Thank you very much for your time and for your review. I'm glad to see that we have scored highly and will take your comments on board. We usually score quite well on the interaction with our guests and I really appreciate your feedback - as it is great to remind us that it has to be consistent at all times.
I look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel soon.
Jan

Reviewed 13 October 2013

Spent 6 nights at the Park Inn prior to here - excellent all round but no rooms available for the remainder of my stay, and so with great anticipation moved to their '4-Star' sister hotel. I was speechless at how much worse the Radisson was in comparison. The 'darker' rooms are tired and dated, carpets in dire need of replacement and standard of hoovering appalling. The dust, hair and toenails under and behind the bed nearly turned my stomach.

The water pressure in the bathroom was terrible - I had to leave plenty of time to take a shower as the trickle of water struggled to rinse off the soap.

I would strongly advise anybody staying here to consider the Park Inn instead - don't be fooled by the difference in the 'stars' - and it's also closer to the centre.

Room Tip: The 'blue' rooms appear to be more modern and airy.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank oli581

Thank you for your recent stay in our hotels in Belfast, but also for sharing your review - although disappointing for us.
I'm really sorry you found our Radisson Blu hotel below your expectations and would like to assure you that the level of service and guest satisfaction is usually very high and that we wil definitely follow up on your feedback.
We share some of the management team between the hotels and pay the highest attention to cleanliness and guest experience in both hotels at all times.
I agree that Park Inn is a great choice in a 3* segment, but also strongly believe that Radisson Blu offers little bit more extra and tick 4* requirements.
I hope to be able to welcome you back to one of our hotels again and very much hope that next time you will leave fully satisfied with both product and service in both of our properties.
Jan Hanak