“Four Star hotel, four star service.”

Radisson Blu Hotel, Belfast
Ranked #17 of 46 Hotels in Belfast
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 16 January 2014

I have been using this Radisson Blu whilst visiting Northern Ireland on busines for a few years now and cannot praise the team highly enough.
The location is fantastic, a short 10 minute walk on the level takes you into the vibrant city centre and just far enough out to ensure a restfull nights sleep.
From arrival to check out and all points inbetween the team in all areas are pleasant, helpfull, proffesional and efficient. In my experience, any request or query that you may have is dealt with proffesionaly, pleasantly and with a smile.
The dinning options are good with an on-site Fillini restaurant or the Gasworks lounge/bar where the food is reasonably priced and extremely good quality, is served hot and with a smile.
If you wish to eat out, there are restaurants to cater for everybody's pocket and taste. A very short walk from the Radisson takes you to what is fast becoming Belfast's China Town along Donegal Pass. Carry on a little bit further and you have The Junction of Shaftesbury Square which has several roads leading of it in a star like configuration, on these roads you will find everything you need from bars, to minimarkets, off sales, restaurants (i would recommend a visit to Tony Romas) and takeaways of every type.
If you are visiting Belfast for the first time or are a returning visitor take a walk into the University area which is again, a short walk and there you will find The Belfast Empire which has an excellent comedy club on Tuesday nights and live music and a variet of entertainment.
In summary, The Radisson Blu is ideally situated in Belfast and offers great service and a warm friendly Welcome from the whole team.
Why not 5 stars then? It's a small niggle, but out of my 3 nights my complimentary biscuits were not replaced after the first night. Not worth complaining about but worth mentioning to enable housekeeping to be aware that this is a small but important part of a guests stay.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
JanHanak, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Belfast, responded to this reviewResponded 28 January 2014

Thank you very much for your time and posting your review. I also have to apologize for a slight delay with my response - I was out of the office for few days and did not want to delegate Tripadvisor to any of my colleagues. I always prefer to respond personally as I really appreciate all guests’ feedback. It's really nice to see that you are a loyal guest of our hotel and will definitely follow up on your comment re biscuits with our housekeeping team - as you rightly said it is a small issue, but details can make a difference and our aim is to be 100% at all times.
I very much hope that next time we will earn 5* for your stay and very much look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel again.
Yours sincerely,
Jan

Write a ReviewReviews (1,592)

Reviewed 12 January 2014

i had a great stay here.the staff were very helpful and really took an interest in our weekend.it's within walking distance of the titanic.the room was upgraded to a business class room and this always helps.all in all a perfect stay

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family

A great stay for our guests is our ultimate goal - I'm glad we have delivered it and ticked all boxes for you. Generally hotel is a bit quieter in January and I'm happy we could have provided free upgrade for you as our business class rooms were not sold.
I'm looking forward to welcoming you back to our hotel soon.
Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 12 January 2014 via mobile

Just back from a superb two night weekend stay at Radisson Belfast. ALL staff esp at reception were excellent, friendly and couldn't do enough to help. Christine is our favourite!!!! Will definitely be back and we recommend this hotel to everyone we know.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

It's fantastic reading your review - I'm really delighted we have ticked all boxes for you. I'm especially pleased about your feedback on our team - and Christine in particular. She's our little star and receives a lot of positive comments (and I believe it drives her to be even better in her job!).
Best wishes and see you again soon,

Reviewed 11 January 2014

Stayed there for one night during July 2013. The hotel and rooms are nice and cozy. The hotel is a little bit far from centre (20 min walking) and it' s restaurant is closed on Sunday so in this unlike situation you have no option for dinner inside the hotel. A good option although for Belfast

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Npasxa

Thank you for your time and sharing your review with other travellers. I'm glad you have enjoyed your stay with us and would chose to stay with us again.
I'm sorry you felt there is no dining option for you on Sundays. It is correct that our Filini restaurant is usually closed, however we offer many dishes in our Gasworks Bar & Cafe and of course can accommodate any special request or room service. Please do not hesitate to talk to any member of our team next time you stay with us and I'm sure we will be able to offer you some nice dinner and experience.
I hope to see you again in summer 2014.
Best wishes,

Reviewed 9 January 2014

Arrived on a Friday afternoon at about 1pm, was able to check in straight away. Reception staff very helpful and friendly. We got a map of the city and the lady explained were we where etc. We had book a January deal for a standard room with breakfast for one night. Room was well appointed. Tea and coffee making facilities, wifi, tv, mini bar, iron and safe. Great power shower. Nice to have underfloor heating in the bathrooms too ;) clean fresh rooms.

The only things that I had a problem with was that we stayed in a king sized bed which was so comfy I have to say BUT there was only a double sized duvet on the bed. This was very strange......I think the hotel would need to buy some bigger duvets. Oh and just a little point the sheet on the mattress was about a foot above the bottom of the bed, leaving the mattress exposed at the bottom (just a wee annoyance for me)

Breakfast was good, with a good choice.
Staff were all great, helpful and friendly.
Free parking at the weekends is GREAT!

There is a free shuttle bus on the road near the hotel that goes into the city. We found this ourselves. It just happened that it was very cold and started to lightly rain and we seen a bus parked and asked if it goes into the city, which it did and when I went to get money out was told it was a free service :)

Overall Great hotel, will be back!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank katiet77
JanHanak, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Belfast, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2014

Thank you very much for your review and your constructive feedback. We will definitely follow up on that and aim for 5* next time you stay with us - that I promise.
I'm glad you have had a nice stay overall. It is great to see that you used the shuttle bus - perhaps that is something we will promote a bit more, since hotel is covering the cost of this together with other businesses in the area.
All the best and see you again soon!

Reviewed 6 January 2014

The hotel is beautiful and rooms are very comfortable. Breakfast is extremely good. Staff are very friendly and courteous. The location is central (5/6 minutes from Council Hall) and hotel has its own car park which was free of charge (but not sure whether this is the norm). We dined there on one evening and the food was extremely good.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends

It's so nice to see you have enjoyed all aspects of your stay - the hotel, rooms, food and our service. I'm glad we have made you happy.
I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
Best wishes from Belfast,

Reviewed 5 January 2014

Everything about this hotel was excellent. We were warmly welcomed by the reception staff and manager on arrival. We stayed in a junior sweet which was very clean with modern decor and excellent facilities. Nothing was too much trouble for the very helpful and pleasant staff - calling taxis, making recommendations, even a late check out was possible. Breakfast was lovely with a great selection of hot and cold food. All in all, this was a great stay and I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again or recommend this hotel to anyone.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you very much for your review - I'm delighted you have enjoyed your stay with us - especially the service of my team.
It's been a pleasure meeting you and I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.