“Radisson manager repays bad experience (and some)!!”

Radisson Blu Hotel, Belfast
Ranked #19 of 44 Hotels in Belfast
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 14 February 2014

Last year I took my wife for an overnight in the Radisson Blu in Belfast.
We had a nightmare - not all down to the hotel I may add but down to noisy guests who unfortunately were exceptionally rowdy all night (think they were at a boxing match) - anyhow - staff tried to deal with the problem to no avail and at checkout the matter again seemed beyond the reception staff - ENTER THE MANAGER! - I wrote to him (Mr J. ) He appeared to know exactly what had happened and offered another overnight stay.
Last week I again took my wife to the Radisson Blu in Belfast (with my voucher) - I was welcomed by a well polished professional local lad on reception who was most welcoming (James) and he looked after us magnificently. We were upgraded with the minimum of fuss and so started a wonderful break. Accommodation, staff and hotel were excellent - and as for the breakfast, it was wonderful.
Normally Trip adviser is a medium to make negative comment but I can honestly say I had a great stay.
Thank you Radisson - from the Manager to the lovely staff who took our breakfast order for a great time - bad experience totally turned around. I will definitely be back

Ps Restaurant very good - and local lad James on reception very professional

Room Tip: All I have stayed in have been good - suite is a great treat try it
1  Thank Strawhat139
JanHanak, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Belfast, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2014

This is great - thank you for posting your review. I'm really happy I could help and more importantly that you have had a great stay with us.
I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
Best wishes,

There are newer reviews for Radisson Blu Hotel, Belfast

Reviewed 10 February 2014

A good quality hotel as you would expect from the Radisson group. The staff were polite and helpful and the room only rate was good value. My only criticism is around the heating which is done via the air conditioning system which proved to be rather noisy.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
JanHanak, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Belfast, responded to this reviewResponded 12 February 2014

It's great to see that you are a fan of Radisson Blu hotels and that we lived up to your expectations. I fully understand your point in regards of air-conditioning in the room as although it is in the rooms to ensure maximum comfort for our guests, there is a small noise created by the air-flow through the system. We do provide heaters (or fans in the summer) for guests preferring not to have A/C on constantly. Please do not hesitate to let us know when you check in with us next time and it will be installed in your room.
Thank you very much for your stay and for posting your review. I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
Kind regards,

Reviewed 6 February 2014

Stayed for one night in this hotel. Parking was plentiful as it is somewhat off the beaten track (about a 15 minute walk from a bit of nightlife). The £9.75 parking fee was a bit steep, more to the point very steep. I'm sure they will argue it's about par but my assertion is that parking should be free in hotels like it always used to be! However, wifi was free and easy to connect to - full marks there. There was only one person on the desk on check in and a big queue built up. She didn't call for support.There were also the remnants of a tea/coffee/buiscuits/cake reception for a large group in the reception area which nobody had bothered to clear away. The whole thing gave the impression that they were understaffed in that part of the hotel at that time. The room was very comfortable with a mini bar - a bit of a thing of the past. I seldom use them but they are a nice to have. Breakfast was excellent and included in the price (though you have to make your own toast - pet hate and personal campaign!).

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
JanHanak, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Belfast, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2014

Thank you very much for your time and review. Well, I will not argue the car parking - it is free on weekends, 50% discount for hotel residents midweek and as such we are one of the cheapest options where compared to other city centre hotels, who either don't have an on-site car parking available, or in some cases charge almost double of our price. I'm also sorry you felt we are understaffed at the time of your check in - I would like to assure you that it is not the case. Unfortunately as with any service desks there are some peaks and although we schedule our team to minimise these as much as possible, sometimes it is not possible to avoid them. Saying that - I will follow up on your comment to see if there is anything more we can do in that respect.
I'm glad you have used our 100mb free broadband, enjoyed the breakfast, liked the room and minibar - I agree these are the little touches that make difference and can make stay more comfortable.
I hope to see you in our hotel again, we will do our best to score 5* for you.
All the best,

Reviewed 5 February 2014

Booked this hotel on a friends recommendation and because I got a really good deal on the room price.
Flew into Belfast City Airport and hotel was just a ten min drive from there and the city centre was just an easy ten min walk from the hotel.
Arrived at 9.15am and reception staff were happy to check us in straight away. My double room wasn't ready but they had a twin ready which I was more than happy to accept.
Room was clean and comfortable with everything no needed. All the staff were friendly and happy to help in any way they could. Catherine on reception even checked me in for my return flight and printed out my boarding pass for me making my return journey home to Scotland stress free.
I would definitely recommend this hotel and happily stay there again.

• Stayed: February 2014
JanHanak, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Belfast, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2014

Thank you very much for your review. I'm glad we could accommodate your early arrival and that you have had a great experience with my team, liked the hotel and our location.
I'm looking forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed 3 February 2014

Stayed here last night after a concert at waterfront. Hotel is great, nice rooms, quiet area and is 5 main walk from waterfront. Breakfast was excellent and staff were friendly. Only stayed one night but seen enough to come back. Room service has items at 24hr which is always helpful in Belfast :) will be back here for sure.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

It;'s nice to see you have enjoyed your stay and will be back again soon.
Thank you very much for your stay & review.
Best wishes,

Reviewed 3 February 2014

Myself and My wife stayed at this hotel for one night in December. When we arrived which was at about 4pm we where advised that our room wasn't ready and that we could wait in the bar and they would come get us once room was ready. The reception staff where nice and held our bags as we decided to go for a walk instead. When we returned there was a large queue to check in and we waited in line. When we got to the room we where surprised as the room was rather small and the carpets were rather dirty and covered in stains. The bathroom was ok but not what we would have expected from a 4 star hotel. The room was also very dusty and could have done with a good clean. We had no time to complain as we where heading out to meet family. We did have a drink at the bar and both the bar and bar staff where nice and friendly . We had a couple of cans of coke from the mini bar and found these to be overpriced. Breakfast was nice and staff friendly . We just expected more from this hotel as it cost 200 Euro for the night and really not worth this . It was more on a par with Jury's Inn .

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jonathan c
JanHanak, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Belfast, responded to this reviewResponded 4 February 2014

Thank you very much for your review. I'm sorry really sorry you were not 100% satisfied with your stay and you felt some items were overpriced. Our aim is always to exceed our guests expectations and deliver great service and experience.
We review our prices regularly to ensure these are in-line with the customer expectations and value of the service provided, we also display our prices clearly in the in-room directory and have other options available in the hotel bar or through room service.
I very much hope you will give us another chance when staying in Belfast again. Please, keep in touch and let me know and I will ensure you have a great stay with us - my contact is Jan.Hanak@RadissonBlu.com

Reviewed 1 February 2014

I stayed at this Hotel last night after my car got locked in a City centre car park, and the Customer Service couldn't have been any better. Booking a room was easily done over the phone. Because we were unprepared for our stay we didn't have some of the necessities with us and a member of staff named Gemma, went over and above to make our stay really enjoyable. The room was beautiful with a great view, spacious and luxurious, and a flatscreen TV full of loads of channels. The mini-bar was also very helpful to have a few late night snacks. I have been to a lot of hotels and this sticks out as my number 1 hotel experience!!!! Thanks

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

I'm really glad we could help when you needed an emergency accommodation in Belfast and you have had a great and relaxing stay with us.
I look forward to seeing you again soon, hopefully for a planned stay next time.