“Stayed February for birthday treat.” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Radisson Blu Hotel, Belfast

Radisson Blu Hotel, Belfast
Ranked #16 of 43 Hotels in Belfast
GreenLeadersGold level
“Stayed February for birthday treat.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2014

Had a lovely relaxing stay. Bed and pillows where very comfortable. Room was big and airy with a huge window although the view was very disappointing of the back of the hotel. (Pictures included) room 215. Even numbers face the front of the hotel I think. The room had a minibar we did not take anything from it because of a previous review I had read that explained a mars bar was £2.55. So we just brought our own drink. Tehe. I was delighted to see an ice machine beside the lift which we filled with an ice bucket from our room. Check out is mid day which suited me perfectly because the bed was so cosy. We parked at the hotel. We seen it was just under £20 for the night on a sign when we came in but as we were checking out the lady at reception told us the barrier of the car park was open so we didn't have to pay. Was awesome. Overall the stay was very relaxing and cosy. For being city centre there was barley any noise, gives a very isolated atmosphere but im now back to reality. Hope this review helps. P.s I booked through trivago. Very good price.

• Stayed February 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
JanHanak, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Belfast, responded to this review, 4 March 2014
Happy belated Birthday! I'm glad you have enjoyed your Birthday stay with us.
I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
Thank you for your comments & kind regards,
Jan

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (190)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2014

Great overnight business stay, good location and locality to City Airport. There was a complete despite TV outage advised on check in. This didn't impact my stay and kind complementary breakfast and LA Fitness pass more than made up for the inconvenience.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
JanHanak, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Belfast, responded to this review, 25 February 2014
Thank you very much for your review. Nice to see you like the location of the hotel. I'm sorry about the TVs not working - due to the server crash, but we have replaced it immediately and I'm really happy this didn't affect your stay and comfort and you liked the alternatives we offered to compensate for that.
Newry, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2014

This is a centrally located hotel with friendly staff, good food and comfortable rooms - at a very reasonable price. I would have no difficulty in recommending this to others who are visiting the city either on business of recreation.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Radisson Blu Hotels

Thank you very much for your stay and for posting yhour review. I'm glad we ticked all boxes for you and that you wouldn't hesitate to recommend us to your friends and family.
I hope to see you again soon.
Best wishes,
Saintfield
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2014

This review is only about the quality of the coffee at Raddisson Blu. I meet friends there as its close to my office and I can pop in for a coffee during the day. Over the years I've been content with it and like the comfort and quietness of the hotel and the coffee has been good. But the last two times that I've been there the coffee has been so bad that I would not drink it. Most recently I asked the waitress to remove it and she asked the reason. It's simply that with so many good coffee options around the quality of what they are serving is just not acceptable in 2014. She was absolutely charming and brought us tea instead. When I went to pay she wouldn't take any money and apologised profusely and told us that despite reporting the coffee issue to management repreately management do nothing about it. Managers should listen and be as good as their staff.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
JanHanak, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Belfast, responded to this review, 21 February 2014
Thank you for your review, I'm really sorry you didn't like your coffee - I'm actually a coffee drinker myself and I upgraded our coffee to top quality grade in the past to ensure top quality product is served. It's therefore disappointing to hear from you that you didn't like your drink, but more so that you were told I don't listen to my team and guest feedback, which is not true and I’m really sorry you were told so by a team member. I would like to assure you that I haven't got any comments from my team or other guests about the quality of coffee, but also that I will follow up on your review immediately to find out what has happen and why your coffee wasn't up to your expectations, as all - coffee beans or machines haven't changed recently at all.
I'm pleased you were happy with the way your complaint was handled and I hope we will see you in our Gasworks Bar & Cafe again.
Please do not hesitate to ask for me directly next time you are with us, I'm always interested in our guests and their feedback.
Letterkenny, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2014

Ideal location, about 20 mins walk to city centre, breakfast and lunch were excellent, staff friendly and helpful & room comfortable and clean. The hotel is very close to the titanic centre and a short taxi run to the Oddessy. We would recommend this hotel for a family stay.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Radisson Blu Hotels

I'm really happy you and your family have had a great experience with our hotel.
Thank you very much for your review and I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
Antwerp, Belgium
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2014

Loved the hotel, modern hotel , young and helpful staff. Breakfast buffet with a variety of choices. The hotel is situated in a renovated area but within walking distance of the city centre.
Large and confortable room and wifi everywhere: just great!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank MDC_10
Thank you so much - Just Great! is the mark we always hope for and I'm glad we have done just that for you.
Stranorlar, Donegal, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2014

A solid fan of the Radisson chain this hotel lived up to expectations! Nice secure car park. Friendly receptionist. Excellent and informed bar staff.

We dined in the hotel restaurant on one night. My boyfriend loved his meal. I didn't like mine but I'm sure it was purely my own fault asI tried a dish I had never heard of before and the flavours just weren't to my taste. The wine which was recommended was spot on!

When we stayed the bar was very quiet and the bartender was closing up shop around 10.30pm and when we inquired about the residents bar he went around in circles in his explanation so we were left clueless as to whether we could have another drink or not and just went to our beds. Normally when we stay in Radisson hotels the night porter takes over from bar staff on quiet spells. A perfectly adequate solution. So maybe this was the case too and there was just miscommunication?

We did however thoroughly enjoy our stay and found overall staff were very friendly and helpful. P.S. As expected the Super Buffet Breakfast was astounding!
-Stayed March 2013

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your time and posing review. I'm glad you have enjoyed your stay - sorry about the night bar, it is the same practice for us, the night team takes over and usually after 1am. I will look into that to see what happened.
I hope all will be up to a 5* review next time you stay with us.
Best wishes,