“Great stay”

Radisson Blu Hotel, Belfast
Ranked #17 of 45 Hotels in Belfast
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 22 March 2014 via mobile

This is an excellent hotel. It's within walking distance of the city centre and has on site parking. The rooms are large,spotless and nicely decorated. There is also free wifi. The staff were very nice and check in and out was very quick. The one thing I didn't like was that the breakfast is very expensive so we chose to eat elsewhere.

• Stayed: March 2014
JanHanak, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Belfast, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2014

It is fantastic to see that you have had a great stay with us. I'm sorry you didn't try the breakfast - I would recommend it next time you stay with us as there is wide choice of cold & hot items, we can also cater for special request and your specialty coffee or tea is included as well. We also offer a range of breakfast inclusive rates, or you can treat yourself to a business class room where breakfast is always included in the rate.
I hope to see you back in our hotel soon.
Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 16 March 2014 via mobile

Just back from the radisson blu in belfast. Had a great stay and great sleep in a large clean room with a comfortable bed. Check in and check out were quick. Didnt have to wait for a room like we had to do the last time we stayed although I had requested a high floor room on my previous stay and that was why we had to wait. All staff were pleasant and breakfast was brilliant. Will be returning. Also free car park on Friday Saturday and Sunday nights.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you very much for your review. I'm really happy we ticked all boxes for you and you will be staying with us again when in Belfast.
I look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Kind regards,

Reviewed 15 March 2014

Hotel itself is nice, was informed by the booking site that it was a smoking hotel which led me to my decision, and was sorely disappointed when informed at reception it wasn't, so a three floor trek was required to have a smoke (sorry for the n/a info non-smokers but believe me this is vital info for those that haven't given up yet). This didnt seem to be the hotel's fault, and the receptionists could not have been nicer. They changed my floor when requested, as again the booking agent hadnt passed on my request for a water facing view.

The room was nice and spacious, nothing extraordinary, and nothing above par from other radisson blu's I have stayed in. The bar food was the most disappointing, restaurant doesnt open until six. Ordered Lasagne as since the restaurant is Italian, I presumed that I was onto a good thing. I was sorely mistaken. However, the waitress couldnt have been nicer, and provided me with salad and bread as I didnt want to try anything else.

The breakfast was out of this world in terms of choice, quality & service. This left me with an overall positive image from this hotel, as they had been booked out for the weekend and quantity will always affect quality in a hotel.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you very much for your review. I'm glad you had overall enjoyed your stay and liked my team, but really sorry that you were not happy with the bar food - I have followed up on that with my chef. When it comes to the hotel - it's 100% non-smoking and has been for quite a while, if you wouldn't mind to let me know which agent gave you the information - I will be happy to follow up on that to make sure it's 100% accurate - my email is Jan.Hanak@RadissonBlu.com
I hope your next stay with us will be just perfect from start to end.

Reviewed 13 March 2014

I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel, free parking at the weekend - which makes a great difference, lovely clean and spacious rooms, best breakfast, excellent facilities in the room, kettle, fridge, iron etc.. And what can I say about the staff just excellent from check in to breakfast to room service so friendly they make you feel special that's what it is all about going away for the weekend. This is our third time staying in this hotel when we were visiting Belfast and would always look for it first when we will visit in the future.
Great location to town, short walk everywhere!
Thanks to ya'll

Room Tip: All rooms we stayed in were great - just the last time our room was beside the cleaning press and it...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

It is really great to see that you have stayed in our hotel several time, always enjoyed your stay and my team looked after you well.
If you haven't enrolled yet - Club Carlson, our loyalty programme would be fantastic for you to earn points for complimentary stays and discounts in our outlets.
I look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel soon.
Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 11 March 2014

stayed over the weekend at this hotel for a short break as part of two couples. great location, top class hotel, close to the waterfront where we were attending a concert. breakfast was the best i have ever had at a hotel, the choice and range of food was brillant. staff were very likeable and helpful. great stay definately would return

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Radisson Blu Hotels

Thank you for your time and for sharing your review on Tripadvisor. I'm delighted you gave us top scores after your stay and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 7 March 2014

This Hotel is within walking distance of everything Belfast has to offer - I checked in , had a drink in the Bar - which lacks feeling and then had a meal in the restaurant - it was tasty - Italian type food - the room was large and well appointed - I did not have B//Fast as I had to leave on an early flight to London - would I stay again - yes - it was not cheap - I guess I expected less from this City but it was almost on a par with London prices .
Watch the add ons - Service Charges etc they are a bit of a cheek !

Room Tip: Go for a high level room
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

Great to see you had a nice stay with us and liked the location. Thank you very much for your stay and for sharing your review with others.
I still hope that overall Belfast offers a better value for money than London. You can find the best rates on our website and quite often we have nice offers on - usually the earlier you book the better the price is - but it's the same in all travel industries.
I hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 25 February 2014

Stayed here with my partner for two nights over valentines weekend . Free parking was great! Check in was welcoming and efficient . Our first floor room was lovely. My partner has stayed in many hotels with work and commented on this being one of the best . We had requested a waterfront view , which we didn't get , but this might be because we booked indirectly , we didn't mind .

Staff at reception were very helpful , booked us taxis no problem and let us print out tickets for a show we arranged on their computer .

We ate at the bar one night before going out and the food was good, portions very generous. Cocktails were lovely too ! I liked the atmosphere in the bar and the views were lovely. Staff again very friendly!

Only comments I would make would be the price of breakfast was very expensive , I heard the breakfast was nice which was tempting but we couldn't bring ourselves to pay that much for breakfast! And there were young teenage girls loitering around outside the hotel the entire time due to X factor contestants staying in the hotel . There was always security on the doors but I was surprised they were allowed to hang around outside !

These are really small points though, and don't take away from the fact that this is an excellent hotel . We are already planning another visit during the summer .

These are tiny

• Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank Kiera F
JanHanak, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Belfast, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2014

It's great to see you have enjoyed your Valentines weekend with us - including few drinks in our bar. It's a shame you haven't tried our breakfast - I understand the price might seem a bit high, but it's all you can eat buffet with both cold & hot section, speciality tea and coffees also included. In addition we are always happy to accommodate any special request. If you stay with us again - it might be good idea to book one of our breakfast inclusive rates or treat yourself with a business class room or a Suite - where breakfast is always included in the price.
I look forward to welcoming you back soon.