“hidden secret-yes they can!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Radisson Blu Hotel, Belfast
Ranked #16 of 43 Hotels in Belfast
GreenLeadersGold level
germany
“hidden secret-yes they can!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2009

My partner and I decided for a getaway over christmas. We had never been to Belfast before, but since airfares, flghtconnections and hotel offers were within our budget, we decided to give it a try! Found a great deal at the Radisson and surely were not dissappointed. From the welcoming upon arrival, to departure everything was perfect!
Very friendly straff throughout the hotel, nice amenities in the room, very detailed and service focused hotel, we have tried many other 5 star hotels - this is definitely one to remember and to return to! Try out Fillini restaurant for a nice italian romantic dinner.

• Stayed December 2008, travelled as a couple
1 Thank martin_frida
RECBelfast, Front Office Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Belfast, responded to this review, 18 April 2009
Hello and thank you for the review.
I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay here - I particularly like your comparison to other 5* properties (We are 4* but it is great to be rated above that!)
We pride ourselves on attention to detail and our "Yes I Can" work ethic, so it is great to see that this is reflected in the service received.
I hope to see you back at the hotel in the future.
Best regards
Janine Gelston
Front Office Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (190)
Wexford, Ireland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2009

I stayed here overnight for a small conference. I notice another reviewer said it wasn't easy to find by car and I thought they might be exaggerating, but no - you're heading direct for it when you meet an impasse and have to head towards the city via one-way streets then find your way back out again. Not the hotel's fault, I know, but a drivers take note!

I'd also rung them before I left home to say I'd like to check in at 2pm but was told 3pm was the earliest. End of. Since I wanted to change after a long drive and head off to the shops, that wasn't great. However, fair enough, I arrived at 2.55 and got a room straight away. It was pleasant enough - a view of a large flat concrete roof rather than the river, but no big deal for one night. It was clean, quiet and comfortable. I had a very nice breakfast in my room and wasn't charged any extra. The staff were all courteous and the conference catering and refreshments worked well. A couple more veggie things on the lunch buffet would have been welcome but you could say that about every hotel I've ever eaten in.

The two main downsides I felt were cost and location. We paid £99 for B&B (special corporate rate) which was only just less than the standard rate of £105 and really I would have expected more of a discount given that there were 20 of us staying. (This weekend I was running another conference in the 4* City North Hotel, near Dublin, where the corporate B&B rate was only €70 - almost 40% less than the Radisson and NI is usually LESS expensive.) The car park was free to guests "that night". I would have been disgusted if I'd been asked to pay - guests should never have to pay hotel overnight parking fees in my view.

The city centre was only 15 minutes walk away but through quite a seedy, run down part of the town. The men walking their pitbulls (off the leash!) looked distinctly rough and I wouldn't like to have been walking back there in the dark. Although the hotel itself was fine, on grounds of cost and location I really doubt I'd stay there if I was wanting accommodation in Belfast again. I'm certain there are cheaper options in more salubrious areas.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank mct1
RECBelfast, Front Office Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Belfast, responded to this review, 5 April 2009
Dear MCT1

Thank you for your positive comments about staff and the catering refreshments here at the hotel. I am glad you enjoyed your breakfast at the hotel as well, and I will certainly pass on your comments to the staff and the chef. My apologies that you were told you weren't able to check in until 3pm. Our check in time is 3, but many people do avail of an early check in when the rooms become available.
In relation to the car parking costs, it is actually free for guests staying with us on Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights (and not just that night you stayed with us). For the benefit of other readers, Monday to Thursday we charge £5 per night for parking right outside the hotel, when most other hotels charge £15 or thereabouts to park somewhere nearby.
To be honest, I have to disagree with your comments about the location of the hotel. We are less than half a mile from the city hall and just a ten minute walk from the main shopping areas. Many people tell us we are in a good location, out of the hustle and bustle so you get a good night's sleep, but still within easy walking distance.
I am sorry that you weren't happy with the £99BB rate. In comparison to other hotels in Belfast I think this is quite competitive, and good value for money considering the quality of the hotel and the service received.
Thank you again for your comments. If you wish to speak to me personally please do not hesitate to get in touch.
Janine Gelston
Front Office Manager
janine.gelston@radissonsas.com
Ireland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2009

Just back after 1 night break. The name Radisson usually conjures up luxury in my mind, but the this Radisson is basic basic basic. Stayed in Business Class room which was very basic and wasn't properly cleaned. Breakfast mess (crumbs, tea/coffee stains) left on dressing table. Bedside tables sticky after someone obviously spilled drink again full of coffee/tea stains. Only 1 bathrobe. Very disappointing. When booking we asked was it "very" near shops, only there for 1 day so didn't want to spend it walking. Told it was.... but not! We left as soon as we could and didn't even stay for breakfast! Will never go back!

• Stayed March 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank goodie2su
Cardiff, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2009

Only stayed one night here in the summer of 08 but of the time I spent here, I've no complaints at all. Little bit of a hold up in reception when checking in (new staff) and got lost on the way to town (my fault) but all else was good, room was clean and very spacious, staff were polite, and the hotel just generally looked good if lacking just a tiny bit of atmosphere. All in all, a good experience and would recommend.

• Stayed August 2008, travelled on business
1 Thank rhyd78
Belfast, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 February 2009

We used the Radisson prior to our wedding in October. Both families were booked in the night before the wedding, as well as my wife. They were a pleasure to deal with and had no difficulties organising late checkouts for the whole group on the day of the wedding. They also organised my wife's room to be near her bridesmaid to help with getting ready that day. This was done without us asking for it. My wife was staying in a junior suite so all our comments relate to that, but all other members of the family were very happy in their standard or business rooms and felt they had good space.
The suite is very modern in décor, as is all the hotel. There was a huge bathroom with great shower and spacious bath and the usual toiletries. There is a very comfortable sitting area and desk and the LCD tv swivels for use from the bed or the sitting area. The bed was kingsize and very comfortable.
Breakfast was self service buffet and of good quality with eggs prepared fresh if you wanted. The biggest bonus for us with choosing the Radisson was the parking. All our family were driving and it was great to have free parking onsite. It was then very handy for them to walk around Belfast and not have to worry about driving or finding a car park. There were only 2 small issues with the hotel. There were too few reception staff which lead to some delays checking in and out; and the main restaurant wasn't open on that night as it was Sunday and therefore people either had to settle for bar food or make other arrangements. Otherwise it was a very stress free stay in Belfast for our families and certainly for us the day before the wedding.

• Stayed October 2008, travelled with family
1 Thank wugly
Cork, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2009

I stayed at the Radisson SAS in Belfast recently for a weekend, I arrived on a rainy and completely freezing day in Belfast. Found the hotel easily enough and checked in without any problems which is always good.
The room was very comfortable and there was a good choice of channels also. The hotel isn't exactly in the city centre and it seemed a bit of a distance to walk if you had a lot of shopping it might be a bit inconvenient location wise.
The breakfast was very good and there was a lot of choice it was also the only downside, nothing to do with the food i hasten to add. I also ate in the bar/restaurant while i was there and the food was delicious also.
I booked the room on the radisson sas website and in the rate it did not specify that breakfast was not included in this, i had breakfast on the Sunday morning and nothing was said to me about this but it was just put on my bill, the next day when i was served by someone else they told me that the room rate did not include breakfast, i told her that i had got breakfast the morning before and nothing had been said about that in the end they just charged me for the one breakfast which was good. All in all a very comfortable aside from some minor niggles i had a great stay there.

• Liked — Comfortable Room
  • Disliked — Location
  • Stayed January 2009, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
bahamas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 January 2009

We stayed here for 2 nights at the beginning of January. This hotel is by far the best hotel we have stayed at in belfast. The receptionist was very helpful(sorry didnt catch her name)we checked in on the 6th, she was very pleasant and efficient. We had dinner in the hotel restaurant which was excellent, the bar/restaurant staff were very attentive. Matthew the F&B manager does an excellent job. Our room was very spacious, clean and comfortable. We look forward to staying here the next time we are in belfast.

• Stayed January 2009, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank armaexpat