“Great Hotel, Lovely Staff!”

Radisson Blu Hotel, Belfast
Ranked #17 of 43 Hotels in Belfast
GreenLeadersGold level
Holmes Chapel, United Kingdom
“Great Hotel, Lovely Staff!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 February 2010

Stayed at the Radisson Blu Belfast on 22-24 January this year. Really clean, modern hotel with super friendly staff. Location is good for central Belfast, and the rooms are spacious and comfortable. The curtains block out the morning sun so well you'd think it was evening. Perfect for sleeping off some cocktails from the night before.
The only minor quibble (and it's really minor) is the pillows are a bit flat, but there are additional ones in the cupboard. And that would not put me off staying here again.
Well done Radisson Blu - enjoyed my stay thoroughly.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (192)
ballymena
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 January 2010

Me and my partner stayed in this hotel on 26/01/10, i found the staff to be a little strange!!
me and my boyfriend are a young couple (early twenties) when we arrived the staff on reception looked at us as if we had landed from space!! i felt other guests recieved a much better service than we did!
our room was fine, nothing special but clean enough..the one draw back was that there was only one pillow each on the bed..sounds rather petty but it was quite annoying and i woke up with a rather sore neck!
the hotel is in a good location and is very handy to the city centre but i would doubt i would return on a leisure trip..the hotel is prob better suited to business travellers!

• Stayed January 2010, travelled as a couple
JanHanak, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Belfast, responded to this review, 17 February 2010
Dear Guest,
I would like to thank you very much for your recent stay in our hotel.
Please accept my apologies for not meeting your expectations when it comes to quality of service provided by our staff.
When it comes to extra amenities in the rooms we are always happy to provide those on request by contacting any member of our staff directly or utilizing the One Touch Service - direct dial on your in-room telephone.
I hope I will have a chance to welcome you to our hotel in the future again. I will do my best to make sure that next time you will leave our hotel 100% satisfied - experiencing our true Yes, I can attitude.
Yours sincerely,
Jan Hanak
Donegal
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 January 2010

Stayed for two nights midweek. Booked on lastminute.com room only and got a brilliant deal. Opted for an upgrade to business class room which would include breakfast at check in which was also great value. Breakfast was buffet but really tasty and surprising to see proper hand cut fresh fruit rather than tinned stuff! Lovely Room, free WIFI, Nespresso machine etc. Staff were really pleasant in both restaurant area and reception. Food in restaurant is Italian and was pretty tasty for a hotel chain. Great value parking at 5 quid a day for secure car park at the hotel door. This makes the very short (5-10 min walk) to city hall well worth it since the city centre hotels generally offer expensive Valet parking in a nearby multi story. Walked to James St Sth restaurant for amazing value early bird and delicious meal, then cocktails in the Apartment before walking back to hotel again. Felt very safe walking although it wasn't that late when we got back to hotel. Taxi will cost you about 4 quid from city hall either. Would definitely stay again and recommend.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled on business
London
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 December 2009

I stayed at the Radisson SAS Belfast on the Sunday night before Christmas. This hotel deservers a 4 star rating. I must admit, I usually stay at the Hilton Belfast which I have become fond of over the years. However, this time around, I decided to give Radisson a go. The hotel is not the most centrally located hotel in Belfast, but saying that, is only about a 5 minute walk to Town Hall. Belfast isn’t a big city. The hotel appears to be in a corporate development area – plenty of corporate names around. Rooms are standard size – the décor is nice and modern. The Sunday night we were there appeared to be VERY quiet…no one around town or the hotel. Staff were quick, efficient and more than happy to make bookings/give directions etc. Bed was comfortable. Didn’t eat any meals at the hotel so can’t comment. As with all Radissons, the internet/wifi was free – as it should be! As was the parking! Very impressive. I think that was the draw card as to why I gave Radisson a go – free parking and internet versus Hilton which would have charged £20 for each service. One thing you have to be careful of is Radisson advertised that booking directly with them is guaranteed to be the cheapest. I found it cheaper using a discount website (can’t remember, maybe lastminute.com?). Anyhow, I emailed Radisson to say I had found it cheaper, they checked out the website and then acknowledged this fact. They in turn honoured the cheaper website and gave me a 25% discount. Making my one night stay with free internet/parking £44 night. Happy days.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled as a couple
JanHanak, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Belfast, responded to this review, 5 January 2010
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your recent stay in our hotel and for your positive comments regarding our staff and quality of the product. I'm glad you have enjoyed your stay with us.
I would like to assure you that our best available rates are always found on our website, however if an error occurs and better price is found through some other internet channel we are happy to fulfil our best rate guarantee promise as help us to make things right and follow up on the rate discrepancy immediately.
I was also pleased to see that you have used our free WIFI internet connection and the free parking available over the Christmas period. Internet connection is complimentary for all hotel guests. Parking is usually paid for service, but starting January 01st 2010 we are providing 50% discount of the parking rates for all residents 7 days a week.
I am looking forward to welcoming you to Radisson Blu Belfast hotel again in the future.
Yours sincerely,

Jan Hanak, General Manager
Europe
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 December 2009

Pleasantly surprised with the room, it only cost £60 for one night but it was the same high standard of other Radisson hotels we have stayed at. Free parking at the weekend, the barrier is not in use so just drive out through. Only downside was a slight smell coming from the drain in the bathroom but would recommend this hotel and stay in it again.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank 1European_Traveller1
Wellington, NZ
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 December 2009

I don't have a bad word to say about this hotel! The staff were amazing and the rooms and amenities were immaculate. My clients were really impressed and we all received complimentary upgrades which made me look even better! We were travelling throughout the UK and this hotel was hands down the best we stayed in.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled on business
Middlewich, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 December 2009

Me and my wife were visiting friends during a three night break. the hotel staff could not have been more helpful, we had a problem with internet access in the hotel room which was sorted quickly. We felt totally comfortable walking around the area at night have travelled all over the world and found Belfast is no different to any other city you have to be sensible where you walk. Would i go back to this hotel and this city the answer would be a definite yes,am looking forward to our next visit.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled as a couple