“Looks great, can get very busy.”
Review of Harp Bar

Harp Bar
Ranked #5 of 89 Nightlife in Belfast
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Reviewed 20 May 2014

This is pretty much a new pub in Belfast's Cathedral Quarter. It looks great inside with traditional local antique pub mirrors & fittings that give it a great Belfast feel. The high ceilings and plush decor give it a an upmarket feel also. It's pretty big but can get very busy and therefore a bit loud with all those people. It's annoying that the upstairs bar is often closed while downstairs is packed, particularly on Friday early evenings. They are losing customers who would like a seat but can't find a free one. The pints are not cheap but that's just typical of Belfast city centre now. It's a traditional pub & no food is served. It's situated on Hill street which is full of pubs & eateries. Good place for tourists. Check out the murals of Belfast life & celebrities in the alleyway facing the Duke of York.

1  Thank Norm B

Reviewed 14 May 2014

Really enjoyed my night here.. Was with colleagues ranging from mid 20's to mid 50's and. One of us felt out of place.. Great Craic and great atmosphere

2  Thank KayBelfast
Reviewed 14 May 2014

Whilst exploring Belfasts Cathedral quarter came across the Harp Bar with friends. It was a Thursday evening and we were pleasantly surprised by the staff decor and clientele. Drinks were about average for the city and a great selection. Will visit again soon.

Reviewed 6 May 2014 via mobile

I was so excited when I heard about this bar especially when it was meant to cater for the more mature customer. I loved the bar refurbishment but was shocked to find out that the price of a basic pint of Harp was £4. So annoyed since it is so hard to find a bar central in Belfast that suits us older ones that doesn't rip us off!

1  Thank Eatmore55
Reviewed 4 May 2014

Arrived 9.30 but people using those sitting to stay upright. There were not enough door men on and the place was over filled, beyond its capacity.The table next to us spilled a table of drinks over us, we were drenched. The door staff investigated, and explained the manager would be over to talk to us. The manager did come over, but only to ask me not to let anyone sit in the seats beside the stage. I had to go and find the manager and complain, he explained he was very busy running a bar, and there had been an incident outside, he had to deal with, his attitude was awful. However he had already been over where we had been sitting and was fully aware of the incident as when the ladies fell they took the speaker with them and stopped the music. He did eventually apologise, but I was not the only person to have drinks spilled over me, there was several tables this happened to. Very drunk people on dance floor with glasses in their hands, and not enough staff to see what is gin on. There was also a fight. I am fuming at the response from the manager, just not good enough

6  Thank michele m