“Getting (even) better”

Price range: US$7 - US$27
Cuisines: British
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Graze RestaurantAt GrazeOur approach is simple.We have a passion for flavour, quality ingredients, and for creating an atmosphere that is comfortable, affordable and a haven for people who simply love food and drink. Laid-back and down to earth, Graze is part neighbourhood eatery and part elegant bistro. Soft lighting and an unexpected quirkiness encourage guests to settle in, get comfortable, and have a great time.
Reviewed 8 June 2014

I wrote an enthusiastic review after a group of us met there when it first opened about 6 months ago. Last Friday we met there again and calculated that between us we had returned a dozen times (but not as a group) in the intervening period.
I write again because I believe it has improved its menu. Fish dishes and puddings of the highest standards.. For lunchtime the place was buzzing even though we arrived at 12 noon. Above all the service was relaxed, friendly and informal. Couldn't recommend it hghly enough if you value this as a necessary complement to good food...

2  Thank Selvaoilo

Reviewed 5 June 2014 via mobile

Myself and a friend went for a social tea to catch up and can honestly say the food took over the catch up, the food was fantastic and great great service. Also for a Thursday night in belfast the atmosphere was buzzing in the place. When ordering our dessert we received a complementary glass of pink moscato each which complimented the dish beautifully. When the owner came over with the drinks he sat down with us and had a great friendly chat on their experience in the restaurant trade so far - highly recommend a visit!

3  Thank Coley222
Reviewed 3 June 2014

Four of us-ladies all. Three ordered two starters instead of a main course. Salmon Plate(unusually and deliciously served with segments of fresh orange, sizzling Prawns, and Duck confit Salad. The one main course of Pin Hake came with fennel and roast potatoes and was perfectly cooked. The Crab Salad starter was delayed and we were given some excellent tapenade and crusty bread to be going on with- a very nice touch. Good coffee and god choice of wines. Try stopping us going back!

1  Thank hotcookin
Reviewed 3 June 2014 via mobile

Amazing meal at Graze. My husband and I are both Gluten free and they were very knowledgable and accommodating. So many options to choose from when usually we're reduced to one or two. Quick, friendly service and our meal was absolutely gorgeous!

1  Thank Tipitop
Reviewed 2 June 2014

We made our first trip to Graze recently. I must admit, I was a little apprehensive. The place has had a a lot of very good reviews (one or two almost hysterical in their praise) and I was thinking what a let down it would be if I couldn't find something I liked!
Basically, any issues on that front evaporated fairly quickly. A look at the menu revealed plenty to choose from. Lots of fish dishes, many of which I would have gone for if I hadn't settled for a steak and chips.And a very nice steak it was too. The beef dripping chips which accompanied it won't be part of many calorie controlled diets, but by golly, they are tasty. My wife declared her hake to be extremely good. She didn't leave much of it and agreed that my chips were very tasty, leaving me a couple to enjoy with the steak.
One dessert was consumed and it too was very good. The restaurant has a decent wine list, which I think works better than "bring your own".We had a table right beside the bar, which was very handy indeed. Probably meant that I had more to drink than I planned, but sure we don't get out often!
The staff were very attentive and the chat with all of them was good. The bill, for what we had, was pretty reasonable. So all in all, a good evening.
Is it Ballyhackamore's best at the minute? I can't say definitively, because I haven't visited every single restaurant in the area. But I've been to a few, and Graze is the one we'd go back to first.

1  Thank UraniumMan