“Excellent!”

Price range: US$7 - US$28
Cuisines: British
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Graze RestaurantAt GrazeOur approach is simple.We have a passion for flavour, quality ingredients, and for creating an atmosphere that is comfortable, affordable and a haven for people who simply love food and drink. Laid-back and down to earth, Graze is part neighbourhood eatery and part elegant bistro. Soft lighting and an unexpected quirkiness encourage guests to settle in, get comfortable, and have a great time.
Reviewed 10 August 2014

I have visited Graze a couple of times now and have been thoroughly impressed on each occasion.

The menu is varied & although there is an emphasis on fresh fish, there is ample choice to suit every palette. I have enjoyed a selection of cocktails & can recommend these also!

The service is courteous without being overbearing & staff are knowledgable about the dishes / specials on offer.

I'm unsure why there are negative comments about noise & the seating. Neither of these have been an issue on my visits nor spoiled the enjoyment of the food. Lots of restaurants have louder acoustics, that's just the way it is. I can't wait to go back!

1  Thank ClayreT

Reviewed 9 August 2014

Many times I have eaten at Graze and always told others the food is so good it outweighs the noise. This week we booked a table at least 1 week in advance for 7.15. When we arrived we were pointed to a table which was wedged against the bar we refused as it was dreadful situation. Asked to go to adjoining pub for a drink (at our expense). Owner did come to bar to tell us our table at the window was ready, this was about 7.40. We ordered a glass of wine to enjoy with our starter which was most enjoyable, as the starter was so long coming my son had another glass of wine!!!! Starter of crab was delicious. We then waited and waited and waited for our main, apology after apology after apology. We did not complain as staff so pleasant, however by the time our main course arrived at 9.20 we had finished our wine and now completely off the idea of eating. I will not be returning to Graze in the evening as unfortunately it looks like if you are not blonde under 30 the owner is not interested in whether you like his restaurant or not. Shame because I have loved it in spite of the noise!!!

13  Thank Brenda C
Reviewed 8 August 2014

The service leaves a lot to be desired. Overall I found the whole experience poor and right from the offset when my pregnant wife was told she couldn't sit on a soft seat as it was booked for someone else. From then it got worse with disappointing service and food to match. The dessert was the only saving grace!

13  Thank Stevie21
Reviewed 8 August 2014

I have been to Graze several times now and every time the food has been excellent. No question. I most recently visited Graze on Wednesday 6th August with 2 friends for an evening meal. We availed of the Early Bird menu (2 courses & a glass of wine £25 per couple) which was great and good value too. (I did check the Specials Menu as I wasn't particularly concerned about having 2 courses but unfortunately all the specials were fishy - not for me! Graze - please put some meat on the Specials Menu. My one complaint about my dining experience was the noise. It was dreadful. I could not hear what my friend was saying and she was sitting opposite me. The noise was mainly chatter from diners and whilst some chat creates a good atmosphere, this was too loud to be pleasurable. On top of the noise of chatter, at one stage a member of staff started beating something behind the bar area - I suspect he was grinding coffee beans but not sure. At this stage, we just stopped our conversation. Sadly the excessive noise has been an issue for me on every visit there and it is now enough to put me off going back. Pity about this, as the food is good.

6  Thank Fleming999
Reviewed 8 August 2014

I had a great evening in Graze. As a fish lover I was totally spoilt for choice. I settled for the John Dory special and was not disappointed . The staff are very friendly and helpful. The only negative was that they encouraged us to order bread/olives/sides that we probably didn't need which added another £15 onto our bill! I would definitely go back but would be careful about ordering extras!