“Still well ahead of the competition- Excellent Spot”
Review of Graze

Graze
Ranked #56 of 1,047 Restaurants in Belfast
Price range: US$7 - US$26
Cuisines: European, British
Good for: Child-friendly, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, After-hours, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Graze RestaurantAt GrazeOur approach is simple.We have a passion for flavour, quality ingredients, and for creating an atmosphere that is comfortable, affordable and a haven for people who simply love food and drink. Laid-back and down to earth, Graze is part neighbourhood eatery and part elegant bistro. Soft lighting and an unexpected quirkiness encourage guests to settle in, get comfortable, and have a great time.
Belfast
“Still well ahead of the competition- Excellent Spot”
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Once again I cannot recommend Graze highly enough- having been away quite a lot over the summer, we have not been in as often as normal, however two recent visits just proved that Graze continues to get better and better. As has been the case since opening, the menu is refreshed frequently which shows the strength and depth in the kitchen and keeps things fresh and interesting. I visited recently on a Thurs evening with a group of girls for a reunion. We were meeting straight after work at 6pm and as such, the Graze "early bird" menu (available 5pm-6:45pm Tuesday- Thursday) was on offer as well as the main menu- I would normally choose to eat from the latter however my friends were keen to try the early bird menu on the basis that we we were in so early. On this occasion, I had the thai pork roll to start and the seabass main- both of which were excellent. Some of my friends opted for the risotto starter and the chicken main. Half of our group had never been to Graze before due to not living locally and everyone was thoroughly impressed. The early bird menu is great value at 2 courses and a carafe of wine to share for two people at £25. Despite having had the two courses from the early bird menu, I talked my friends into also ordering desserts from the main menu- no one was disappointed. I had the caramelised banana bread & butter pudding (AMAZING!!!) and my friends had the chocolate fondant which they all agreed was heavenly. My partner and I also had a great meal here recently - prawns and scallops starters followed by hake and seafood linguine mains and creme brulee and white chocolate parfait desserts, accompanied by lovely wine and fabulous service. I should also note that a friend commented to me recently that she had the best meal she had ever tasted a couple of weekends back at Graze- she said the Graze seafood casserole was out of this world! Oh and I should add that I am also a big fan of their cocktails and their gin selection. In light of this, I find the recent somewhat negative reviews rather strange- however I have noticed a number of them have come from reviewers who have only written one or two reviews so would take those with a "pinch of salt" and question people's motives but each to their own. Graze is a must try- again and again and again. Fact.

• Visited July 2014
3 Thank Cindy7777

Belfast, United Kingdom
“Excellent!”
Reviewed 10 August 2014

I have visited Graze a couple of times now and have been thoroughly impressed on each occasion.

The menu is varied & although there is an emphasis on fresh fish, there is ample choice to suit every palette. I have enjoyed a selection of cocktails & can recommend these also!

The service is courteous without being overbearing & staff are knowledgable about the dishes / specials on offer.

I'm unsure why there are negative comments about noise & the seating. Neither of these have been an issue on my visits nor spoiled the enjoyment of the food. Lots of restaurants have louder acoustics, that's just the way it is. I can't wait to go back!

1 Thank ClayreT
“Dreadful service”
Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

Many times I have eaten at Graze and always told others the food is so good it outweighs the noise. This week we booked a table at least 1 week in advance for 7.15. When we arrived we were pointed to a table which was wedged against the bar we refused as it was dreadful situation. Asked to go to adjoining pub for a drink (at our expense). Owner did come to bar to tell us our table at the window was ready, this was about 7.40. We ordered a glass of wine to enjoy with our starter which was most enjoyable, as the starter was so long coming my son had another glass of wine!!!! Starter of crab was delicious. We then waited and waited and waited for our main, apology after apology after apology. We did not complain as staff so pleasant, however by the time our main course arrived at 9.20 we had finished our wine and now completely off the idea of eating. I will not be returning to Graze in the evening as unfortunately it looks like if you are not blonde under 30 the owner is not interested in whether you like his restaurant or not. Shame because I have loved it in spite of the noise!!!

Visited August 2014
13 Thank Brenda C
Belfast
“Poor service - mediocre food!”
Reviewed 8 August 2014

The service leaves a lot to be desired. Overall I found the whole experience poor and right from the offset when my pregnant wife was told she couldn't sit on a soft seat as it was booked for someone else. From then it got worse with disappointing service and food to match. The dessert was the only saving grace!

10 Thank Stevie21
Belfast
“Good food - Noise dreadful!”
Reviewed 8 August 2014

I have been to Graze several times now and every time the food has been excellent. No question. I most recently visited Graze on Wednesday 6th August with 2 friends for an evening meal. We availed of the Early Bird menu (2 courses & a glass of wine £25 per couple) which was great and good value too. (I did check the Specials Menu as I wasn't particularly concerned about having 2 courses but unfortunately all the specials were fishy - not for me! Graze - please put some meat on the Specials Menu. My one complaint about my dining experience was the noise. It was dreadful. I could not hear what my friend was saying and she was sitting opposite me. The noise was mainly chatter from diners and whilst some chat creates a good atmosphere, this was too loud to be pleasurable. On top of the noise of chatter, at one stage a member of staff started beating something behind the bar area - I suspect he was grinding coffee beans but not sure. At this stage, we just stopped our conversation. Sadly the excessive noise has been an issue for me on every visit there and it is now enough to put me off going back. Pity about this, as the food is good.

6 Thank Fleming999