“As always😊”

Price range: US$7 - US$26
Cuisines: British
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Welcome to Graze - Tapas - Gin. Enjoy the little things at Graze. Graze is a modern British restaurant in the heart of East Belfast serving a sustainable and local menu with the best ingredients that Northern Ireland have to offer. Our relaxed style of dining encourages guests to feel right at home and is a haven for people who love food and drink.
Reviewed 1 June 2017 via mobile

We were shown a table that was near the toilets and immediately that someone had moved (within 10 mins) we were moved to a better table. That (for me) was a start to good night. Starter was so tasty..goats cheese fritters...small balls of goats cheese fried with a very fresh green salad..and crispy venison was exactly described...crispy but succulent on inside...mains were hake and sea bass..both fish cooked to perfection and the whole dish was just so good..my mash with the sea bass was outstanding. We didn't do dessert but had the petit four which were great. The staff were amazing...special thanks to Ben and Conor for their great service...will definitely be back and will recommend to others.

1  Thank JaneNorthernIreland

Reviewed 25 May 2017 via mobile

It is with regret that I am compelled to deliver such a negative review. Let me be clear, I have eaten here on numerous occasions. I have recommended this place to friends, family and strangers alike. Plenty of money has been put into the coffers of Graze regularly, so it is with amazement that upon politely returning an overdone filet steak (I specifically requested rare) I was confronted personally by the owner, questioning me in an aggressive and condescending fashion as to the legitimacy of my returning the steak. To be told openly and loudly in front of company and other diners that my request was 'borderline' in such a condescending fashion was, in my opinion, appalling customer service. We paid for our wine and left immediately. No apology was forthcoming from the owner. Substantial business was lost that evening. A lunch that was scheduled for the following day was cancelled. An upcoming party of eight will be cancelled and all my future business will be taken elsewhere. Extremely disappointed, embarrassed and angry at the treatment which I received.

23  Thank Stephen B
Reviewed 25 May 2017 via mobile

Although the food in Graze is lovely
The atmosphere is uncomfortable
I thought it was just me but my husband also felt the same
Also the tables are far too close together
You cant have a private conversation
Deffo wont be back
Too many good places to eat at Ballyhackamore to pay those prices and not enjoy

6  Thank Elizabeth M
Reviewed 23 May 2017 via mobile

Everything 100% - food, staff etc

Had chicken liver parfait followed with medium rare fillet washed down with Argentinian Cigar Box

Could find no fault. 9.5 out of 10.

Highly recommend. Will be back.

3  Thank bishoppat
Reviewed 23 May 2017

I enjoyed this restaurant as much as any one I have recently dined in in Belfast. Service overall was good; staff were professional and informative, but I did have an issue where I asked the foreign waiter what the soup was for the day and he replied saying "just a moment", before going into the back of the restaurant and reading his phone. I finally ended up asking a different member of staff the same question and getting the information before the original guy returned again. This was my only issue of my experience there, however.
In terms of the food, the crispy salt & chilli venison was good to start: tasty, lean meat and beautifully presented. We also got sourdough bread for starter, to share, which was served with a locally-produced butter and a tapenade. I love my 'real' butter and, as is the case with most places I visit, I had to ask for another little bit of it. Very enjoyable, overall.
The Hereford burger was in fact 3 small (and cute!) burgers. Meat juice spurted out and caused grease stains on my shirt, but aside from that they were tasty and of good quality. The little brioche buns were great and both the better half's and mine were perfectly toasted. Sides of garlic sauté potatoes and chips were great, if a tad overdone. Garlic butter excellent and very 'moreish.'
Dessert was very good indeed. I got a white chocolate mousse with biscuit crumb dish which was light and refreshing and beautifully presented. Wine was decent and they didn't *completely* stick the hand in by charging £20 for a decent bottle of Merlot.

2  Thank Andy_79