“Very friendly staff nothing was too much!”
Review of Malmaison

Malmaison
Ranked #24 of 43 Hotels in Belfast
Manchester
“Very friendly staff nothing was too much!”
Reviewed 23 May 2011

I stayed at thus hotel for 5 days and I was very pleased with tge service. The hotel Is in a great location to the town centre everything is within walking distance. The hotel was really clean and the rooms are very specious but quite dark.
The food was 10/10 for breakfast and evening meal and as for the staff they were so friendly and welcoming. I would definitely stay at this hotel again!

• Stayed May 2011

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (198)
Reviewed 20 May 2011

I come over to Belfast quite frequently on business so im always on the hunt for great hotels.

The Malmaison is a fantastic boutique style hotel. The room I stayed in was a double which was spotlessly clean and smelled very nice. The whole hotel and room has a very cozy feel.

Food was delicious, highly recommend the Mal burger!! Breakfast is a buffet continental style but you can order hot food. I prefer hot food on buffet but they still had a good.

Toiletries in the room were really good, great shower gel, body cream and conditioner (but no shampoo). Typical the one time I forgot to pack one. Really liked the hand soap though.

Brilliant hotel, will deffinatly be back on my next visit.

• Stayed May 2011
Ireland
Reviewed 5 May 2011

We got a great deal on our one night stay and found the Malmaison very convenient to the railway station (walked over in less than 10 mins), the Victoria centre, shops, restaurants and all that Belfast has to offer. The reception staff were welcoming and efficient and our room was ready for early check-in. Decor is dark and dramatic with purples and blacks predominating. We liked it although the breakfast room is more of a night time experience than a wake up call. Actually, the interior design is appropriate given that the building is converted from an old warehouse type structure which has small windows and relatively narrow street frontage.

We loved the room which was cosy and quirky but yet modern and luxurious with plasma screen TV, great shower and good quality towels, toiletries and unusually good tea and coffee. we were chuffed that staff marked a special occasion with a little treat for us. the cleaning staff did a good job on all the dark wood and black tiles. All staff we met were courteous and friendly and very good at their jobs.

Traffic noise was noticeable but did not keep me from a good sleep in nice bed. The room was a little too warm and the window could not be opened.

We did not use the bar facilities or the dining options but both looked good and inviting. Breakfast was excellent - best hotel coffee I have had in ages served in generous sized pot.

would love to return soon...

Room Tip: Maybe a rear room would be quiter?
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank emir08
Newtownards, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 May 2011

Lovely hotel with great staff that were attentive to every request. Fabulous room and attention to detail. Breakfast had a wide range of options in a beautiful room and good service. I would be very keen to stay again. Just Perfect!

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
Galway, Ireland
Reviewed 25 April 2011

I stayed at Malmaison for a weekend away with the girls. From organising the trip I had very good service dealing with reveserations and they were helpful. I had read some reviews before booking and was nearly put off by them but I'm glad I didn't take them too seriously as I would have missed out on a great hotel. The hotel was in a perfect location, luckily we didn't have cars though as no parking would have been a bit of a problem. I had read that the beds were very hard and uncomfortable but none of us had any problem with them and they were very comfortable. I had also read that the food wasn't great but we ate there a few times over the weekend had thought the food was of excellent quality.
If I can make one observation it was that the hotel was very dark, the room, hotel reception & brasserie, I'm all for creating the mood but it was just a bit much.
Overall however we all had a great weekend and the staff were excellent. They were all very freindly and went out of there way to help us, especially at 2.30 in the morning when we were all a bit hungry and in need of some cheese toasties!

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with friends
dublin
Reviewed 11 April 2011

Just spent the weekend at Malmaison - stayed in the delux double - very comfy bed :D
Breakfast in bed was delivered & left at door, rcvd ph call to say it was there at 10:30am the exact time was ordered. Very pleasant staff & reasonable rates. Attention to detail superb. Just 2 gripes... They have NO foreign exchange so ensure u have sterling
And they have NO carpark! Not only did we receive a parking ticket, but when we took the car to Q carpark which Malmaison reccomended, after doing the bus tour, lunch & some shopping the charge at Q was just under £18!!!!

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 March 2011

Arrived for check in at 6pm. Lovely. Got to room, our twin room was alas a double! (staying with work colleague not ideal). Asked reception..told no more rooms but they could down grade us. Asked if they could nt just change beds as it's clearly two dressed together. After a fuss they promised too within the four hours before I'd return (at 10pm). Room great, very hot, almost too much. Couple above our room shall we say "amourous" all night. And street noise quite bad. Beds were amazing, whole room had wow factor. Tv remote was dusty shows maybe not the attnetion given to small details you would expect. The breakfast was amazing! Best in ages!

• Stayed March 2011