“Get stay in Belfast”
Review of Malmaison

Malmaison
Ranked #25 of 44 Hotels in Belfast
Reviewed 13 February 2014

I have to say the rooms were excellent as where the staff. A special mention has to go to Louis for making a great cocktail! I would highly recommend staying here. Especially for the cocktails and the friendliest of the staff

• Stayed: February 2014
Lisa S, General Manager at Malmaison, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2014

Dear freakingeneral
Delighted that you enjoyed yoru stay, hope to see you back soon. Thanks for commenting on Tripadvisor.
Lisa S

There are newer reviews for Malmaison

Reviewed 13 February 2014

IFirst impressions, from the outside, suggest you're in for a treat. Sadly, once you're inside you start to see the frayed edges.
The welcome is warm enough and the decor is a tribute to the heady 90s and dark. The room, though quite large, was terribly hot and it was difficult to adjust the temperature to any real effect. The bathroom was quite stylish and most importantly, the shower was powerful and easy to set to the right temperature.
Room service was swiftly delivered though not all that impressive for the price - and I do detest a tray charge of £4 PLUS a service charge of £3!
Breakfast - which I ate in the restaurant - was adequate but did I really need to hear from my waitress that it was actuaklly her day off and that there was a large event upstairs and she really didn't know how they'd have coped if she hadn't volunteered to help out?!
In conclusion, i am told there are betetr hotels in Belfast and when I return, I may look one of them out for comparison.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

ear liberaceLondon
We're pleased that you enjoyed the room and shower and apologies that it was too warm for you. Thank you for your feedback on Tripadvisor, I am always available to discuss your comments further on 084469 30650
Best Wishes Lisa S

Reviewed 10 February 2014 via mobile

My partner and I stayed here on a Sunday night. We live in Belfast and would usually travel further afield for our monthly hotel break. However we where recommend this hotel and we were not let down. We got one of the hotels package deals and I still can't get over the fantastic value. The hotel has a lovely vibe All modern aspects of most hotels but also a unique sexiness and allure of a boutique venue. The staff were professional yet Approachable and relaxed. I loved the reception area. It was unique in it approach but more personal than the usual standing in front of a receptionist behind a tall desk. There was a set meal with our package however we were also given an option to use the value of our meal to order of the main menu (fantastic) the food was prompt and delicious. Every month my partner and I spend up to 3 times as much for a nights stay and dinner and this hotel is just as luxurious as the others we like visit however the value for money sets it apart by far. We will be back again soon !!

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Lisa S, General Manager at Malmaison, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2014

Dear rosebud90
We're so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and Chef is delighted that you found the food to be delicious.
Looking forward to having you back to stay with us soon.
Best wishes

Reviewed 3 February 2014

Fantastic hotel , great location in Belfast close to Cathedral Quarter , stayed Friday 31st January , great deal through Easy Click Travel for my wife and I Bed and Breakfast . Rooms are very good and breakfast is yum , staff all very helpful , will always return

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear mattymark
Great to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and I am pleased that team looked after you.
See you soon.

Reviewed 1 February 2014 via mobile

We stayed at Malmaison last Saturday night and I can't understand how this beautiful, luxurious boutique hotel isn't higher up the ratings on here. From the moment we arrived the staff went out of their way to make sure our stay was enjoyable. I loved the dim lighting in the bar area and the whole chilled out vibe. We ate in the brasserie which had a prix fixe menu - excellent value and each course delish!! Can highly recommend the cocktails! Staff were knowledgeable and friendly, our room was immaculately clean and beautifully furnished. Great night's sleep on the most comfy bed ever! We checked out on Sunday morning feeling we'd been totally indulged and look forward to returning soon.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear thornbanks
Thanks for writing your comments on feedback. The team are delighted that you enjoyed your stay and that we were able to indulge you! :)
Hope to see you again very soon

Reviewed 27 January 2014 via mobile

My wife & I stayed in the Mal last night (sun 26th Jan14) as part of the "sunday stopover" deal. It was my pregnant wife's 30th birthday & we were looking forward to a relaxing overnight stay with a rare lie-in as we left our 2year old son with his nanny for the night. Our "4*" Mal experience got off to an extremley poor start when I received an email from the hotel the night before we were due to stay. The email was to advise that our 7.30pm dinner reservation was no longer available as they had a large booking in. As an alternative the Mal offered a 5.30pm sitting or after 9pm sitting, which was very disappointing considering I booked on 31st dec. After I replied to the email explaining that I would like to cancel as this was unacceptable, I received a phone call from the brasserie manager, colm. Colm kindly got us a nice table at 6.30pm beside the gas fire (which unfortunately wasnt working on the night). Although 6.30pm was not ideal it was at least better than 5.30pm or after 9pm. Colm also gave us a room upgrade to a superior room with some chocolates in the room for the distress & inconvenience so all was looking positive again. On the night, the food & service in the brasserie was very good but the restaurant was very cold & I was surprised a 10% service charge was added to our bill for a table of 2? Never had this anywhere else. Our superior room was lovely but bath/bathroom small & no robes was disappointing for a "superior" room. Outside our room window was a bright orange light coming from the bank next door, which gave the effect of the sun rising all night long. To top it all off we my wife & I were kept awake all night long as there was a late christmas staff do staying in the rooms beside us on the 3rd floor. Their partying went on until 6am & even after a complaint call to reception at 5am the relentless shouting, screaming, singing & banging continued until 6am. The hotel is a non smoking hotel but the 3rd floor was clearly an exception to the rule last night. The floor boards are very squeeky & the doors slam so loudly making it impossible to get a wink of sleep with a full scale party going on in the rooms next to 303. Upon check out I obviously complained & was offered an apology & £50 gift card from shane the manager, which was at least a nice gesture but the monent had gone & my wife's 30th birthday night ruined. The mal should really consider security to prevent nights like last night ruining any other paying guests night. I have genuinley had a better nights stay/sleep in youth hostels & club 18-30 hotels in ibiza. I would expect more of an ibis or travel lodge & that's not an exaggeration!

Barry Curran

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank barryc82
Lisa S, General Manager at Malmaison, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2014

Dear Barryc82
We're sorry that your stay did not live up to expectations on that particular evening however I am delighted that you enjoyed the experience in the Brasserie.
Thank you for writing your thoughts on Tripadvisor as we appreciate the time it takes. I am available to discuss further on 08446930650, should you wish to do so.

Reviewed 27 January 2014

Just a single night stay. From the moment we arrived we were treated with courtesy and warmth by all of the staff we met. The decor is relaxed elegance and the bed comfy. There a little touches of luxury and with throughout. While the restaurant was booked out the evening we arrived, the hotel was just a short stroll to quite a few decent restaurants. Definitely on my 'return to' list.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Tom D
Delighted that you enjoyed your stay and thank you for writing your comments on Tripadvisor.
Hope to see you soon.