Malmaison
US$88
PremierInn.com
  • Bar/Lounge
1,544 results
All reviewssamson suitemini barsuperior roomvictoria squarecontinental breakfastdvd playercathedral quarterlovely hotelbirthday treatsunday nightcar parkreception areacomfy bedhotel barlovely roomfew drinkscentral location
Reviewed 13 April 2014

Had a lovely quiet weekend in belfast - after reading reviews requested room to back of hotel - was peaceful. Great food, great location for everything - staff very willing to help. - well appreciated our break

Room Tip: Room to back of hotel - was quiet and away from main road at front.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Lisa S, General Manager at Malmaison, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2014

Dear Debbie D
Delighted you enjoyed your stay with us here in Belfast and thank you for taking the time to post your comments on Tripadvisor.

Reviewed 12 April 2014

It has a quirky feel to it. Located within an old frontage and yet the colours suggest night club. Loads of purple and cushions vibe about it. It all feels very dark and ideally suited for couples hanging out. I have stayed here, on business, on a few occasions and like it. There is no noise, no nightclub and rooms are comfortable, but dark. This is an aesthetic choice rather than anything else. Service is brilliant and the breakfast is excellent. Small fitness room with no windows and the time I was there, there were no paper cups for the water cooler. It is situated very close to the Titanic/Cathedral quarter and the Victoria shopping mall. You could walk to the train station or it's about £5 by taxi. Taxi service is excellent in Belfast.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Dear Ducking
Pleased to hear that we look after you when you stay with us - hope to see you very soon.
Lisa

Reviewed 7 April 2014 via mobile

Stayed in the Samson suite and can't praise it highly enough...set in 2 rooms with a dark interior it has several sofas, 2 flat screen tv's on the wall and the added bonus of a pool table...the bathroom boasts a roll top bath and an impressive walk in shower...

Food in the restaurant was delicious and the staff do everything to make the night special...

A few gripes tho - firstly the room wasn't ready at check in until almost 4 and the roaring gas fire had a fault so it wasn't working - which was a big disappointment...to be fair the hotel did acknowledge this and it was reflected in the bill...in the restaurant they automatically add on 10% service charge even for 2 people...the food and service were excellent but I've always felt uncomfortable being told how much I'm obliged to tip

That said the deal we got in the room was excellent value and this room is highly recommended!!!

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank niceguycolly

Dear Niceguycolly
Thank you for your feedback through Tripadvisor and great to hear that you enjoyed yoru food and that the team looked after you so well. Apologies again that the room was not ready in time but I am pleased that you enjoyed it.
Look forward to having you back again very soon

Reviewed 6 April 2014

Stayed for 1 night recently. In Belfast for business reasons attending the Waterfront, which is less than 10 minutes walk from the hotel. There is no parking on site, but just around the corner there is all day parking available at just £10 per day if a guest of the hotel.
One thing for the management though, as I am not a regular visitor to Belfast, I found the hotel very hard to find. Your signage should be improved. I got to the area (eventually, given the one way system in Belfast), and knew I was near, but could not clearly see the sign over the hotel. Also signage does not include reception, only bar/lounge, and bistro.
All the staff in the hotel very pleasant and welcoming. Had a snack in the bar, which was beautifully presented, as was breakfast the following morning. Bedrooms are very nicely decorated, tasteful, demure, and beds & linens of very high quality. The shower, although small, was also good.
Would recommend the hotel certainly if attending a concert etc at the Waterfront. Bring a sat nav!

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Guest64Dublin

Dear Guest64Dublin
Thank you for your positive comments and the feedback re the signage.
We do hope to see you again very soon.

Reviewed 3 April 2014

The only reason I stayed in this hotel was because the hotel of my choice was fully booked on the days I was visiting for business.

I was warned that the hotel is dark and rooms were tiny....They were right...It is very dark inside and the rooms are tiny. My room was overlooking an office so had to make sure that the curtains were close at all times. Had a few problems with the heating. After complaining about it, the staff were able to fix it.

Breakfast was also OK. They had hot and cold breakfast but you have to order the hot breakfast and because I was running out of time, I didn't manage to have it. Choices for continental breakfast wasn't great too.
I also had dinner at the hotel but it was just OK. The fries that was served was very oily.

Service and staff were very helpful.

I wouldn't stay here again unless my choice of hotel is not available.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank babygLondon

Dear babygLondon
Thank you for your comments, I am sorry that you didn't enjoy your time with us. We would love to make things right, please do call me to discuss further 08446930650.