“Great Hotel & Staff”
Review of Malmaison

Malmaison
Ranked #25 of 44 Hotels in Belfast
Reviewed 11 June 2014

My wife & I stayed here on Saturday 7th June on a Bed & Bubbles Package which was good value. Hotel very nice, room good & staff very polite & helpful would highly recommend. The breakfast was very very good, cant wait to return again!!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Malmaison

Reviewed 7 June 2014

Booked a night here as a last minute treat, have stayed in Malmaison hotels in other cities and have always been pleased with the standard, Belfast was no exception, happy with the consistently high standard offered.

Room was on the small side compared to some I've stayed in but we were happy as was for just the night.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 June 2014

Malmaison Belfast is as good as other Malmaisons. The location is great as a simple walk gets you into the city centre, a couple of minutes with an easy crossing of the road. Also you can be in good bars in an equal time. Location is perfect. The hotel bar is excellent when we were there with a buzz going into the early ours of the morning. Staff were very helpful and the rooms clean. There was no noticeable aircon in the room and it became a little stuffy. Would be happy to stay again and recommend it to others. Malmaison is a cool chain and there's a little premium in the room rate.

Room Tip: Check out the booking sites for best rate for better rooms.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 June 2014

We recently spent a night in the Malmaison while attending a wedding reception in the Merchant hotel. We found the hotel to be really nice, very quirky decor. We stayed in a standard room which was excellent.
The only negatives , when we tried to check in at 14:50 we were told the room wasn't ready and could we come back in a half hour, in the meantime other guests were being checked in with no issues. So we decided to have a quick bite to eat in the bar. The food was overall very good, a wee bit pricey for what it was. The barman was exceptional, really attentive and friendly.
I would have no hesitation returning to the Malmaison.

1  Thank Jim_Linda_Shan
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Our room was excellent, great bar service, excellent breakfast and good service from all the staff. Good city centre location. The only thing missing was Air Con, but in Belfast you wont require AC for most of the year... I am just used to sleeping in a very cool room.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 June 2014

We had lunch here which is a Sunday special...the menu is varied offering everything from a traditional Malmaison breakfast to a 3 course meal. The starter is a terrific range of salads, meats, cheeses and two varieties of smoked salmon. Must say the smoked cooked salmon was really DELICIOUS! My husband and I both had some more! There is a good choice of main course with a choice of 2 roast dishes or your choice from the menu. Vegetarians are catered for as are other dietary requirements. The choice of 8 desserts was difficult as they were all lovely. We really would recommend this Sunday treat, reasonably priced, super friendly, but non intrusive staff, and great food!

Reviewed 29 May 2014

I stayed here for one night on business with a group of 9 other colleagues. All of us were really impressed with how spacious and luxurious our rooms were. The bed was comfortable, large with beautiful crisp white bed linen. There was also a well stocked but predictably expensive mini-bar. My bathroom had a huge bath, fluffy towels and lots of quality complimentary toiletries.

The whole group of 10 ate in the hotel bistro. Our table was booked for 7.30pm and despite only 1 other table of 2 in the restaurant, our food didn't arrive until 9.30pm. However when it did arrive everyone agreed it was delicious if a little pricey.

Breakfast was tasty with the full cooked offering having an emphasis on quality rather than quantity. Although if I'd have paid the £15 it cost I would've felt a bit short changed.

Whilst my booking was paid for by my employer I was still required to provide a £50 deposit when checking in. I was asked for a credit card to do this but as I didn't have mine with me I had to hand over my debit card. £50 was duly deducted from my account. Although when I checked out the following morning I was told this would be credited back to my account, this didn't appear until the following week. As this was the last week before payday it left me quite short of funds.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business