“Perfect Boutique Hotel-- Just what I was looking for!”
Review of Malmaison

Malmaison
Ranked #24 of 44 Hotels in Belfast
Northern Ireland
“Perfect Boutique Hotel-- Just what I was looking for!”
Reviewed 12 August 2009

This hotel is fantastic! Rooms are gorgeous...clean and spacious. The beds were really nice to. Before I went and I read some peoples reviews about how expensive it was and this and that.....I can assure u its no more expensive for food and drink than anywhere else in Belfast. Its a city. boutique hotel for goodness sake, what does one expect? I have just booked again to go back in october and have also booked the Fitzwilliam hotel around the corner from the Mal but I think Malmasion will be hard to beat. Check out the decor and bar area also absolutely brilliant 10/10. One small nag I would have is sometimes the rooms can be very warm at night....just remember to set your desired temp through the day as it seems you cant change it at night.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (199)
Belfast- N.Ireland
Reviewed 9 August 2009

I have stayed in cheaper hotels that have impressed me more than this.. Dont get me wrong- its nice enough.. But I am not keen on bath/shower combos.. Our toilet button broke before we departed..Nothing to do as such in the room.. A lot of 'if you open me- I am £10' etc on wine and music cd's.. So tempting as it is.. I dont want to pay extra for a bottle of wine that has sat gathering dust in the bedroom...

ok.. I hear the restaurant does good grub:)

• Stayed January 2009, travelled as a couple
Derry, Northern Ireland
Reviewed 4 August 2009

we stayed on a sunday night and took advantage of the promotion...spend £75 in the brasserie and get a room for the night for £10! in total when we checked out we had spent just less than £120..inc. a few rounds of cocktails!
as stated many times before, the staff were fantastic, especially those in the restaurant. the food was some of the best i've had in a long time (apart from the dessert...didn't enjoy the apple crumble too much at all).
The room was absolutely lovely, great decor, very modern. the bed was a little hard, and the pillows lovely and fluffy...the biggest problem was the traffic noise outside...hardly anyone's fault but annoying none the less. woke several times during the night.
all in all i would definately return. we had a lovely romantic evening, and can't wait to do it again!!

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
Belfast
Reviewed 21 July 2009

We have stayed at 5 star hotels in the past and this was better than some of them. My husband and I stayed here on Sat 18th July. I had booked it as a surprise 40th treat. All of the staff were totally amazing in helping make the suprise a very special occasion. They co-ordinated all my plans and requests, including ensuring that our friends who were also staying in the hotel were not seen by my husband. Their willingness to help and enjoy the fun made it all the better.The Brasserie was fabulous - great food, excellent wine and of course, optimum attention. Top marks to all at Mal for a superb service - I highly recomend this hotel and encourage everyone to visit.

Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 July 2009

Have stayed sveral times at the Belfast Malmaison. It's well worth a look - not the cheapest certainly, but check their website for offers, such as the current 'Stay 2 nights get one free'. The dark, often black decor off the hotel & rooms may not be to everyone's taste, but I think it works well. Was initially put in a small(ish) room with noise from an extractor fan outside, but on asking was moved into a much larger (and quieter one) without hestitation. The bathroom could've had a little more attention perhaps initially, but this isn't usual. I have always found the service at the Malmaison excellent, with check-in and barstaff extremely approachable and helpful. Can't comment on the restaurant, but the hotel bar is great : with the cocktails highly recomended by my wife!

• Stayed June 2009, travelled on business
sicringle
Reviewed 11 July 2009

When you first get into the hotel, dont be put off by the dark decor. Its perfect for couples and people wanting somewhere nice and romantic. I wouldnt stay with the kids... The staff cannot do enough for you. Special requests - Champagne, chocolates, tea lights are all catered for... JUST ASK (but you have to pay) Its right in the centre - about 5 minutes walk from everything you need. Get a superior room, the beds are huge (I lost my girlfriend :( but found her again :)) The bar isnt over priced and you will feel very welcome. Stay in the Days Inn or Premier Lodge etc but spend a little more and have some luxury and enjoy yourselves. The only down sides to the place are having to come home and not being able to take the MASSIVE chairs in the bar with you. Seriously, ignore the other reviews if you are a couple, its romantic, peaceful, plush, lush and perfect for some 'You' time!! Id go back tonight but i think we might try Mal hotels elsewhere for a change of scenery. ITS LOVELY, GET YOURSELVES IN THERE!!!!!!

bristol
Reviewed 11 July 2009

Initially booked and passed cc details over the phone for a set price - on arrival payment had not been confirmed so ended up paying over the advertised price. First room was like an unbearable bread oven as room did not have AC. With the window left open I had 2 sleepless nights listening to 3am drunks, traffic, seaqgulls and street sweepers. Changed rooms. Found some poor girls abortion paperwork in the dressing table drawer. (What type of establishment am I in?) Spent the next 4 mornings listening to dray deliveries, dustbins and bottle bins being emptied from 6am and those damn squawking seagulls - again -although this room was cooler there was still no AC, a much smaller room and the window HAD to be left open. How many times is it polite to complain? Or was I just too fascinated by how many dirty fingerprints you can find on the dark paintwork and light shades? Or was it kinda exciting to think I can be seen naked by the guys working in office opposite cos the net curtain does not fill the window properly. The decor and low lighting means you must put your make up on before sundown and if you have to blow dry your hair you must do so stood on a box to look in the mirrors that are set too high. As for round pin socketss? I though I was still in the UK . But, according to reception staff (who were lovely and very professional) the shower gel / shampoo 'is very nice'.