“Food great, service? Well remember it's Belfast...”
Review of Howard Street

Howard Street
Ranked #11 of 1,049 Restaurants in Belfast
Cuisines: Irish, European, British
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, After-hours, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Antrim, United Kingdom
“Food great, service? Well remember it's Belfast...”
Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

We went for lunch but arrived @ 2.00, lunch was until 2.15pm. We decided to return for tea/dinner @ 5.35pm, we didn't book. When we arrived we were told 'YOU WILL ONLY have the table until 7.30pm' - whilst this wasn't a problem, the message could've been delivered better. @ 5.40pm there was only 1 other table occupied & by a party of girls for a pre-theatre meal (Dirty Dancing). Our server came with menus & a complimentary bottle of chilled water (a la European). But this was delivered /not exactly welcoming. But we ordered the food - a pre-theatre menu - any 2 courses for £15.95. There were about 4 choices ea. - starter/mains/sweets. We choose the DF Camembert & then pot belly (pork) followed by coffee. Each course was expertly prepared and presented in just the right quantity, the expresso was great too. By about 6:30pm the restaurant was about 85% full - mostly of women all going to see Dirty Dancing. There was a great buzz in the place. Overall food-wise - excellent, table service with a friendly smile too but those 2 first impressions suggested a tone of 'we're popular & good & we know it - take it or leave it'. The food will draw us back for sure but a repeat of the initial interface may make us decide on the latter.

2 Thank EnjoysTheCraic

• Korean first
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Lovely lunch, nice atmposphere, good service”
Reviewed 3 August 2014

This restaurant is at the bottom of Howard Street right at the Gt VIctoria St end, so very handy for the Opera House.

I haven't been in the evening yet but would definitely try it after my lunch experience. I had a beautiful, tasty lunch here last week. The menu was great, my only slight (and I mean slight) complaint would be that for lunch there was either very light lunch (soup) or big meal (meat & carbs), I would love to see something a bit in between for that time of day.

That aside the menu was lovely. There were 3 of us out and we all loved our meal. The salt & chilli beef is beautiful, the sweet potato fries great, the duck was cooked really well and I adored my chicken and chorizo burger with sweet chilli mayo and chunky chips. The foccacia bun was gorgeous.

Service was good, attentive and reasonably quick which is ideal for lunch,

A big thumbs up from me, I'd defintely be back.

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank SuzieSheep
Northern Ireland
“Best meal out in a while”
Reviewed 3 August 2014

My husband and I recently fined here. Our table was available early and we were able to have a drink before dinner. I wasn't overly enamoured by the cocktail list and the one that I chose with basil was just ok. The food however was beautiful. I had Stilton fritters which were delicious and well presented. My husband's chilli beef was really tasty. The beef was moist and full of flavour. Our duck and steak mains were well cooked and full of flavour. In hindsight a side order would've been good as there weren't many other accompaniments but we still enjoyed the flavour combinations of what was there. The rhubarb creme brûlée was lovely as were our coffees. We really enjoyed our meal and will definitely return.

• Visited August 2014
“Pre Theatre Delight”
Reviewed 2 August 2014

Visited this restaurant for the first time on Thursday 31st July 2014. From the moment we arrived the staff were attentive , pleasant and always available. The decor is has an old and quirky Belfast look. As for the food it was delightful, our steaks, cooked to perfection and the accompanying sides were perfect as was the apple crumble dessert.thoroughly recommend a visit and will be back soon.

• Visited July 2014
London
“Great food, great service”
Reviewed 1 August 2014

I would definitely recommend this restaurant, but you need to make a reservation as it's so popular. The food is excellent and service friendly and helpful.

Visited July 2014