“Wonderful meal, beautiful restaurant”
Review of Malt Room - CLOSED

Malt Room
Cuisines: British
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 5 July 2014

A group of 16 people attended for a meal on Friday night and the experience was wonderful. The food was excellent, the staff were attentive and the restaurant is stylish and luxurious. I must admit it wasn't very busy as some other reviews mention but this was better for us as we had enough space and great service.

The food itself was delicious and surprisingly the portions were a good size. Vegetarians were particularly well catered for and there was something on the menu so that everyone in the group was happy.

I will definitely visit again with my partner in the near future.

1  Thank Catherine M

Reviewed 28 June 2014

Pretty disappointing experience at The Malt Room. Kept waiting far too long to be served pre-dinner drinks. In the end I had to go and seek someone to take the order. Starters were fine but my main meal of pork with leeks was pretty ordinary. Lacked atmosphere as it was only about 30% occupied and this was on a Friday evening...!!!

3  Thank RayL1892
Reviewed 27 June 2014

Two carnivores took two vegetarians out for the 50 pound special deal. Our food was great but the vegetarians were spectacularly impressed. A wonderful evening.

Reviewed 22 June 2014

We have been trying to get here for a while now but things kept getting in the way. I should have taken that as an omen!
Wow so disappointed. The decor is drab and dreary, the seating plan was bad. Upstairs function apparently so downstairs only. Should really have guessed when we walked into an almost empty restaurant at 8pm on a Saturday night!
The only saving grace was our waiter Sebastian who was enthusiastic and very helpful, although one of the other staff found it necessary to loudly tell him off in the middle of the restaurant!

The food was mediocre at best and more beginner chef than experience. The cheeseboard was seriously under thought, minute pieces of bland cheese with some type of crisps and a tiny lump of chutney. It's a while since I left anywhere needing something to eat but that's the way it was.
I don't think it will be long before the for sale sign is up, I hope not because Belfast needs good restaurants so fingers crossed for a big improvement. I won't be back plenty other good spots around the City.

mpo

2  Thank mpo8000
Reviewed 21 June 2014

Up there with the best in Belfast. Great value for money before 7pm when we were there, and we'll be back for sure for an evening meal. Smart decor, well presented staff, good service. Food was fantastic, zero complaints. Highly recommended.

1  Thank Mmmn_Bubble
Malt R, General Manager at Malt Room, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

Thank you, your words are very kind and will be sure to pass on to the team, we are very happy you had a great time with us hope to see you again soon..