“A wonderful evening”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 22 July 2014

My friend and I stumbled across this restaurant on a Saturday night at the end of May before going to see Singing in the Rain at the Opera House. It was a short walk and we were greeted at the door with a warm smile by the waitress.The service was second to none and the waitress was hilarious and kept us entertained which really made our night. Our table was under the stairs and the surroundings were beautiful. We really could have ordered more food as it was delicious- the chocolate mousse was a bit disappointing.I asked the waitress could I change one of the cheeses and gave me a lovely selection.A really enjoyable meal and the entertainment we got from the waitress was something we still talk about!

Reviewed 7 July 2014

We ate in The Malt Room on a recent trip to Belfast and are planning a return to the city so we can dine there again! The food was truly delicious and beautifully presented. The waiting staff were very polite and professional and the venue is very quirky and interesting. All in all, I would thoroughly recommend this restaurant. Try the salted caramels with a coffee for dessert - delicious.

Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

A colleague and I popped in here to have a lunch meeting.

We both opted for small portions. My friend got the bolognese which was plentiful and I got the ham and eggs. Mine was yummy but I'm glad I ordered a side of fries as the portion was a small small portion if that makes sense!

Restaurant was lovely to sit in and staff were very friendly.

I scored it a 4 instead of a 5 because the service was slow. The restaurant wasn't even busy. We ordered coffee to finish off our meal but ended up leaving them because they took so long to arrive.

Would recommend and I'll probably go back myself in the evening for a meal.

Reviewed 5 July 2014

A group of 16 people attended for a meal on Friday night and the experience was wonderful. The food was excellent, the staff were attentive and the restaurant is stylish and luxurious. I must admit it wasn't very busy as some other reviews mention but this was better for us as we had enough space and great service.

The food itself was delicious and surprisingly the portions were a good size. Vegetarians were particularly well catered for and there was something on the menu so that everyone in the group was happy.

I will definitely visit again with my partner in the near future.

1  Thank Catherine M
Reviewed 28 June 2014

Pretty disappointing experience at The Malt Room. Kept waiting far too long to be served pre-dinner drinks. In the end I had to go and seek someone to take the order. Starters were fine but my main meal of pork with leeks was pretty ordinary. Lacked atmosphere as it was only about 30% occupied and this was on a Friday evening...!!!

3  Thank RayL1892