“A delightful and creative venue...”
Review of Saphyre

Saphyre
Ranked #67 of 1,088 Restaurants in Belfast
Cuisines: Irish, Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 10 August 2014

On this particular day( a treat for my birthday) I enjoyed my lunch.
But was also slightly disappointed. I felt there was not enough help from staff when we were ordering and the promise of what was described when ordered did not deliver on this day. I have not been back but would definitely give it another try and hope the food lives up to the grandeur of the decor .

4  Thank blowyourowntrumpet
There are newer reviews for Saphyre

Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

My husband and I dined here recently to celebrate our wedding anniversary. What a beautiful restaurant, so intimate and plush. The service was impeccable with a knowledgeable maître D who was able to tell you all about the region your wine selection came from and serving staff who were polite and friendly in an unobtrusive way. The waitress bringing the food would inform you exactly what was on the plate and wow what plates of food they were. I had lobster to start , my husband had the Ulster Fry a fry like you have never seen before complete with black pudding croutons and potato bread espuma, so clever and witty and utterly delicious. We both had tournedos Rossini with foie gras for our main and it was divine.
I will definitely return soon cannot rate this restaurant highly enough. My only minor criticism was that from the front of the church building you really would have no idea that there was such a beautiful restaurant hidden inside and as hardcore rave music blared out from the speaker system outside you would be more inclined to think it might be a nightclub. We spoke to many different people last night as we enjoyed drinks in town and not one person had heard of Saphyre, knew where it was and most asked is that an Indian restaurant. I only mention this as I would love for the restaurant to be amazingly popular so it remains open.

2  Thank EatingIrons
Reviewed 4 August 2014

We went there for my birthday! I have no words how good everything was. The food was a perfection. I had a rabbit terrine as my starter, and beef as my main. Beef was done MR and it was perfect. Desserts were a tiny piece of art! Lovely and so cute. Had a mini dougnut an all! Staff was friendly and helped me with my wines! Highly recommended!

1  Thank Linda D
Reviewed 2 August 2014

Had afternoon tea to celebrate friend retiring. The restaurant is beautiful,staff all friendly and professional. Highly recommend for special occasion. Can't wait for return visit.

1  Thank BelfastSupermum
Reviewed 1 August 2014

Maybe we're getting hard to please in our old age, but although we were impressed on our first visit to Saphyre, somehow it didn't feel that special or memorable. Not cheap at £130 for two with a standard bottle of Pinot Grigio, no desserts and one extra glass of wine.

10% service charge is added automatically, which always annoys me. Surely "service" should be part of the price? Why not add an "electricity charge", or a "cooking charge", or a "lighting charge"? No other industry gets away with this. A voluntary tip yes, if you feel it deserves it.

Having said all that, well done to the owners for upping the market in fine dining in Belfast, and please try it and make up your own minds.

6  Thank Deramore