“Not up to standard”

Rockmount Golf Club
Reviewed 20 August 2013

Just yesterday my husband and I and our three grand-daughters went along to Rockmount Golf Club Restaurant for an evening meal. Having been there several times before (to include special family celebrations) we were entirely disappointed with the experience. From the outset the waiter was dour, verging on the unpleasant. We were not told about the "early bird" menu but instead had to go to the bar and ask the barman if there was a separate menu for this only to be told "it's at the back"! So the waiter who gave us the menu in the first instance didn't even advise us that there was this option. In the end, we did choose from it. What a let down! My husband chose the roast beef which seemed a safe bet. Now can I ask you this? Have you ever had roast beef (or any roast of the day) served in a pool of gravy, mashed potato and NO VEGETABLES?!!!! No, neither have we! In place of REAL VEGETABLES there were three ONION RINGS on my husband's plate!! Awful! Now where is the healthy eating in this? From the same menu my wife chose the Belfast Ham. The sauce, cabbage and garlic potatoes were good but the ham!! If you can imagine chewing rubber or plastic... this is what it was like!! Ghastly and needless to say couldn't be eaten. The three children's meals were good. At no time since we were served our meals were we asked by this surly waiter (or any other) "is everything ok for you"? No.... it was only when a waitress came to remove our plates that my wife remarked that the ham was awful. She was all but arguing that it couldn't be, went off to the kitchen with the plates and came to say "the chef tasted it and it's ok"! I said it wasn't otherwise I would have eaten it and she was indeed defensive. She went on to say I could have a sweet (which was part of the early bird deal anyway!) and I wouldn't be charged but I couldn't have a refund for the dinner. At no time did I remotely suggest that I wanted a refund and I found this remark offensive bearing in mind that we merely went along to Rockmount for our tea. Can't see me recommending this place any more which is what I often did in the past. Poor by all accounts.

1  Thank Patsy063
rockmountmanager, General Manager at Rockmount Golf Club, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2013

Thank you for your comments, I'm sorry that you weren't happy with your experience at Rockmount if you would like to phone me and talk to me about your experience so that this wont happen again.

Shirley Graham

Reviewed 23 April 2013

Set on the outskirts of Belfast this peaceful retreat is worth a visit. The modern clubhouse with it's bar/restaurant has a very pleasant atmosphere. We called in for a meal and were happy with the service and the quality on offer. Even as non golfers we enjoyed the excellent views over the course and would certainly recommend a return visit.

rockmountmanager, General Manager at Rockmount Golf Club, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2013

Thank you for your very kind comments I am so glad you enjoyed your time at Rockmount and hope to see you and your family back soon.

Reviewed 29 March 2013

For golfers looking for a well looked after parkland golf course with a good bar & restaurant overlooking the 18th and views of the 9th, love playing this course.

rockmountmanager, General Manager at Rockmount Golf Club, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2013

Thank you so much for your lovely comments, hope you will get back up to play the course soon

Shirley Graham

Reviewed 23 March 2013

I have dined here many times with family and friends and just love it. Good selection of food always well presented and very tasty. The staff are welcoming, polite and always helpful. One of my favourite places to eat!

rockmountmanager, General Manager at Rockmount Golf Club, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2013

Thank you so much for your lovely comments, the restaurant is now open after all that snow this week, its just great to see lots of people around for Coffee & Scones and now for lunch. Hope you have a lovely Easter and that we see you again soon at Rockmount.