Review Highlights
Lovely park, spoiled by an awful cafe - shameful.

Reviewed 1 week ago

from US$56.30
from US$46.20
from US$24.40
More Info
All reviews rose gardens rose week japanese garden coffee shop stables cafe sunken garden ice cream van flower beds dog walkers belfast city council great for kids sunny day picnic playground trial acres lagan
Reviewed 3 days ago

I visited here with my family at the end of Rose week with my family. It was a lovely day with plenty of activity at the end of the festival which helped. It was every bit as good as it was years ago. Recommended.

Reviewed 1 week ago

I've been going here since I was a child and now bring my own children when we're visiting relatives in Belfast. The park itself is lovely - rose gardens are stunning and the children's play facilities are very good. However, it is totally let down by the awful Stables cafe. When we visited over the mid term break (October 2018) I thought I'd treat us all to hot drinks on a cold day. Firstly there was no soap in the ladies toilets - always a bad sign. When I asked for two hot chocolates, the vaguely awake assistant ripped open a sachet of instant hot chocolate, poured it into a paper cup and added boiling water - at £2.95 each! Not only did it taste awful, but because it was made with boiling water, it was scalding for the children. I went back in to get cold milk to cool it down and said to the assistant it was a joke to charge £3 for instant hot chocolate. He seemed rather sheepish and mumbled something about not setting the prices. There was some character floating around ineffectually who I suspect may have been the 'manager' who didn't deign to step in to support his member of staff. Belfast City Council, sort this out - it's an embarrassment.

2  Thank Fussypop
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

What a beautiful park, and so peaceful to walk around taking time to think about things that you probably wouldn’t bother about
Well that’s the poetry ✅, every city needs one and deserves one, but our wee city has a cracker.. the whole park is well maintained and laid out, this really gives families plenty to do.. to be honest I never went to the restaurant and haven’t been in some time so can’t really say how it fairs!
But, yip bring a Marks & Sparks picnic and have a ball, BUT please put ur rubbish in a bin or take it with you
Oh, when it snows, kids smuggle out your moms best T Tray and have the best sleigh on the slopes

Reviewed 9 October 2018

Beautiful park something for everyone. Big kids play area for the children and rose gardens with live music during Rose Week for the adults. Also nice just for a pick nick as it has lots of hidden spots as well. Highly recommend

Reviewed 2 October 2018 via mobile

Park itself is lovely, but the stables coffee shop is a disaster. I ordered a burger from the menu, only to be told it wasn't available, so changed my order to curry to then be told nothing was available mid-week (No signage anywhere about this) but there was a 'selection ' of sandwiches and paninis. This consisted of 2 sandwiches and 1 panini. I bought a sandwich to open it and find it inedible - brown lettuce, soggy bread, dry chicken. I then checked underneath the box to see it was 2 days old and still being sold full price at £4.25! It went in the bin as it was disgusting. All in all we spent £20.50 for 2 sandwiches which were not eaten, 1 kids meal (also disappointing) 2 bottles of juice and 1 coffee. Will not be back. Such a pity as the park is lovely.

1  Thank jessicachism14
Reviewed 4 September 2018 via mobile

Lady Dixons is a beautiful park great play area for kids and roses are truly lovely BUT do not go to the Stables cafe...it is horrendously expensive £2.00 for a bottle of water!!!!!! Over £1.00 for a bag of tayto crisps. ..Prices are a total disgrace. Take a picnic it with save you ALOT of money!!!!!!!

1  Thank Katgirl2005
Reviewed 16 August 2018

Enjoyed an afternoon in this beautiful park and the roses were just amazing. We also enjoyed the wonderful wild flower plots so colourful. Unfortunately there is no public transport to the park but you can get a bus from town( 8b) and walk 15 mins . The garden isn't well signposted inside ,we stumbled upon the Japanese garden but there were no signs for it. There is a map at the pedestrian entrance we used (but didn't see a map anywhere else )and the Japaneses gardens weren't even marked on it. But the grounds are immaculate and so well kept.Highly recommended .

Reviewed 16 August 2018

Great place for a stroll on a summer day. Interesting flora and Japanese garden. Great park for young families

Reviewed 13 August 2018 via mobile

The park itself is lovely and a fine day out for the kids. We went on a whim so decided on lunch at the coffee shop. What a mistake! Very overpriced for what it was. Ordered three kids meals about 12:15...and it had the lady running in circles, literally. She went in the back several times while ringing up the order to start or prepare things. She looked totally confused and seemed to forget what she was doing. It was a truly bizarre and disappointing experience. Definitely will bring a picnic next time!!

Reviewed 5 August 2018 via mobile

Great for a visit. Lots to see, Japenese gardens, rose gardens, lovely scenery and a great playpark for kids. The only negative is that it is very poorly sign posted so hard to navigate around such a large area so make sure you take a good look at the map billboard on your way in.

1  Thank 14ChristinaQ