“Stay clear of the tea room”

Sir Thomas and Lady Dixon Park
Ranked #39 of 234 things to do in Belfast
Reviewed 21 August 2014

My wife,son,daughter in law and granddaughter has just had a lovely day at Lady Dixon Park.The walks were lovely,the roses were lovely and there was a great playground for young children.My only complaint about the park was there were a lot of dogs running around without a leach ,which I thought was dangerous to children.There were notices up to keep your dog on a leash,but nobody takes any notice of it and the rule doesn't seem to be implemented.On completion of our walk we entered the tea room what a mistake.My son and I were feeling a little peckish so we decided to have a sausage egg soda each,to our astonishment we were told that it would be at least 20 minutes to half an hour before it would be ready,I then ordered a scone and coffee,the scone was as hard as a brick,certainly not fresh and the coffee was cold.I asked the girl behind the counter,who wasn't very helpful and seemed to just want to go home,to heat the scone and she returned it in nearly the same condition as I gave to her.All in all its quite a good spot for a family outing and would certainly return to the park but not to the tea room,which in my opinion is a disaster zone.

1  Thank judgeray

Reviewed 11 August 2014

Lord and Lady Dixon's Park is a very popular place to visit for families with young children as there is an extensive play area, and also with adults looking for pleasant walks through it rambling grounds. The annual Rose Festival is spectacular and attracts many visitors from overseas.

Reviewed 9 August 2014

Nearly got killed here along with my partner and her daughter today 9th August 2014 by a young guy driving a wedding car up one of the small roads which clearly had a sign, 'no cars beyond this point' This road is coming down from the kiddies playpark towards the bottom entrance and coffee shop.. Lovely park apart from inconsiderate wedding guests. The cafe is very poor looks like a prison canteen..

Reviewed 2 August 2014

On arrival, gates were closed but quickly opened by staff so cars could get a little closer to to flower beds to save everyone walking. The gardens were looking fantastic after the previous weeks flower show. the female member of staff who took a little time to explain some of the roses and cut some roses for the flower girls was very helpful. The weather was kind to us for the photographs to make it a wonderful day with the flowers in wonderful colour.

1  Thank referee62
Reviewed 30 July 2014 via mobile

Paid a quick visit to the park and whilst I didn't have time to view everything it was certainly a lovely place with thousands of wonderful roses. Some were just going off bloom but that's just nature and to be expected! Thousands more at the height of their beauty. Glad I called in to take a look.