“superb decoration, false ad” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Paddy's Palace Belfast

Paddy's Palace Belfast
Dublin, Ireland
“superb decoration, false ad”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2013

i got a deal in this hostel cus besides having a good location staying for 2 nights + roundtrip bus dublin-belfast i would get a free tour to the giants causeway so i got there and me and other 3 people got the unpleasant news that the bus was full of people who had PAID so we could not joint them and if we wanted would have to go in other tour provided by other company from Belfast. So reservations are not made and if you get the deal its a lie. The tour guide was extremely unhelpful and rude emphasizing that people who PAID could go. We paid as well for the accommodation and only were made fools. At the end i managed to get to giants causeway via other company but was stressesed about being able to get back to the hostel in time to get to dublin, the receptionist did not care and was really like, if you are there at 8pm the bus takes you otherwise i dnt know...would not recommend that one!

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Cookeville, Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2013 via mobile

I wasn't planning on staying at Paddy's but I'm glad I did. Firstly, the hostel is in a very cool old building. It really has charm.

Breakfast is free, although it's just toast and cereal. There are plenty of super markets near by if you need to supplement. The kitchen is free to use.

The common areas were really cool.
I generally liked my stay, but it was kind of eerily empty. I had a whole 6 person dorm to myself and really only saw the staff there. Not sure what the deal was but its such a cool place it would be great to see it busy.

• Stayed June 2013
State College, Pennsylvania, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2013

We stayed here last weekend and were certainly not impressed. The side door to the hostel was left wide open all day long allowing anyone from off the street to simply walk on in. In our room the window was jammed open and unable to close once again leaving a direct route of entry to anyone who wanted it. We certainly appreciated the cleanliness of the space and the breakfast offered in the morning, but it was not worth our uneasiness.

Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Carli L

Travellers are raving about these Belfast hotels

Zandvoort, The Netherlands
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2013 via mobile

We went for a couple of nights mid week last week and it was really full. The staff were really friendly and helpful, the rooms could have done with a slightly better clean, as could the bathrooms, but at the end of the day this is a hostel. It's one of the best hostels I have stayed in! Toast/ jam and tea and coffee is provided in the morning and there is a large kitchen so if you wanted to go self catering, you could.
I was honestly really impressed with this hostel, it's about a ten minute walk from anywhere in Belfast, bus stops directly outside also. We checked in about half an hour early and they didn't mind. Honestly had a great time, met people of all age groups from all over the world and they were having a great time :)

• Stayed May 2013
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2013

well it wasn't amazing, but for the money it's fine
Girls on reception were nice and willing to help,we had private room for 3 and for some reason there was fourth bed - but anyway we had enough space, 3 showers right next to us - quite clean, nice dining area and shared room.
Hostel is not far from city center -like 20 min walk- and if you finished the main sightseeing you can go to Botanical gardens or Ulster Museum near by the hostel.
What we all loved was the Paddy's Giants Causeway Tour!! this worth staying here!
we paid just £15 for 1 day tour which was truly cool. Guide&driver was funny and in easy way he taught us all about history of N. Ireland and about local people. SO much fun!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2013

Pretty dismal place in a rough part of town. Ok, beds were cheap but you would be better off spending a few dollars more for a nicer backpackers. Staff were ok, but the room was cold, small and smelled like something died there once. Showers were cold, and breakfast was very shabby.

Room Tip: Choose a room somewhere else!
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank craig s
Chester, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2013

I arrived on a plane from Manchester ladened with a heavy bag at 10pm and I was a lone female. When I arrived, the receptionist did not orientate me well and did not show me to the room. He gave me a key, pointed to vicinity of the room. I went looking for the room - up and down the stairs several times... The room could not be found. I had to pass past some lads having a party and they were quite intimidating and told me the room did not exist. I went back down to receptionist, but he had gone. It was now 10.30pm. I called for him and he did not attend. In the end, I had no room and no receptionist to find me a new room. I had no choice but to check out and find a new hotel. I traipsed the streets of Belfast and knocked on the doors of hotels - a lone female walking the streets of Belfast at 11pm.....not ideal and not safe !! To add insult to I injury, they kept my deposit and haven't answered my calls to return it!!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled solo