Merchant Hotel
  • Breakfast included
US$187
US$125
  • Restaurant
Ramada Encore Belfast City Centre(Belfast)(Great Value!)
US$89
US$82
US$97
PremierInn.com
US$129
US$105
HotelsClick
2,695 results
All reviewscocktail barart decogreat roomafternoon teahot tubcloth earvictorian roomberts jazz barulster bankrooftop jacuzzipure luxuryturn down servicebeautiful hotelhuge bathroomstar hoteltrufflebirthday treat
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 5 September 2011

We had a truly lovely time. We were treated exceptionally well and the room, staff and restaurant were all exceptional...cant wait for a special occasion to go back again.

Room Tip: We thought about eating at another restaurant but cannot rate The Great Room at The Merchant enough, truly fabulous...
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank PJMCM1969
Reviewed 5 September 2011

We stayed in the Merchant in August 2011 and it was out second visit this year. Everything about the hotel is excellent. We stayed in one of the art deco rooms and it exuded pure class, everything was very contemporary and plush. The bed was very comfortable and the bathroom was finished to a very high standard. The staff are very professional and friendly; the roof top hot tub with views over the city was a great bonus. We will definitely stay here again for a third and no doubt a fourth/fifth time etc.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tobocop
Reviewed 4 September 2011

My wife and I stayed here for one night at the end of August 2011 and it was a wonderful experience. The service is top class, the atmosphere is inviting, the food is wonderful, the rooms are different, the location is excellent. We booked a package deal that included the set menu in Bert's bar which was a fantastic experience. The cocktail bar is very affluent and you are made to feel very special. Breakfast is a truly unforgettable experience and a great choice. We plan to return for a treat real soon! The only downside was the noise outside during the night but I will make sure to ask for a room away from the front of the hotel next time.

• Stayed: August 2011
1  Thank PrinceZeppelin
Reviewed 4 September 2011

I wanted to try the afternoon tea in this lovely hotel but was rather hesitant because of a poor review by a coeliac of this in 2008. I noticed that the menu specified a gluten free option and I decided to go ahead. I made some initial enquiries by calling the hotel after I had booked and gave them ample notice of my dietary needs. They request 24 hours notice. Alison, who took my call, fortunately knew what would concern me as her mother is a coeliac. She assured me that all the gluten free food was prepared in a separate area and using separate cutlery , boards etc. She assured me that the food that I would receive would be made in the hotel by the chefs and that my food would come on a different stand than my sister's. It duly did. The waiter initially gave me the wrong stand but quickly realised his error and corrected this. All was fine and I enjoyed my little sandwiches and scones before struggling to eat the top tier treats. I was given two of the same orange blossom jelly and passion fruit mousse where my sister had a mixed fruit tartlet and a rather lovely chocolate mousse as well. I was most impressed by the different breads that I had and one was so spongy that I actually wondered if it was gluten free. The lack of that gluten dough smell told me it would be fine. The texture was great though. Service was excellent overall and the live music delightful. Time stood still for nearly 2.5 hours and it was a real pleasure for me as a coeliac both during and after as I realised that i was not suffering any subsequent ill effects. This indicated that the kitchen staff had got it right. Overall it was very successful. My only small suggestion to improve on the gluten free option would be to try to make it even more similar to the normal afternoon tea, for example by making a gluten free pastry base (easy) and replicating the fruit tartlet and perhaps adding something like a very mini chocolate nemesis. A chocolate treat is always loved but is not in the gluten free option.This would be a suitable addition to the regular and the gluten free option as it is normally gluten free anyway if a good high cocoa content gluten free dark chocolate and cocoa powder dusting is used. Just a suggestion. My sister enjoyed her surprise birthday treat as did I. I will be back and I will pass on news of my good experience to the coeliac world at large, in person and via our online community message board. Well done to the staff at the Merchant Hotel.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank FaircriticBelfast
Reviewed 3 September 2011

close to the shops. good for family vacation.enjoyed the open top bus around the city.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family