Merchant Hotel
Malmaison(Belfast)
US$222
US$203
  • Restaurant
Ibis Belfast Queens Quarter(Belfast)(Great Value!)
US$158
US$125
US$153
  • Restaurant
Ibis Belfast City Centre(Belfast)(Great Value!)
US$176
US$137
US$130
Hotwire.com
2,697 results
All reviewscocktail barart decogreat roomafternoon teahot tubcloth earvictorian roomberts jazz barulster bankrooftop jacuzzipure luxuryturn down servicebeautiful hotelhuge bathroomstar hoteltrufflebirthday treat
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 24 May 2012

We booked to celebrate our 5th wedding anniverary and stayed in the Lewis suite.
It is beautifully furnished and wonderfully comfortable.
We dined in The Great Room, and the food was beyond compare. The service was second to none. The Merchant is very professionally run. Nothing is left to chance, and every effort is made to make a stay there a wonderful experience.We had a fabulous stay, thanks to the staff, and would love to return as soon as possible!

Room Tip: The suites are fantastic and well worth the money
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Shelley M
Reviewed 24 May 2012

I have stayed in the Merchant a few times, for all sorts of different occasions, but I stayed on a Thurs last summer and got a fantastic deal. 2B&B, 1 D, complimentary late check out, wifi, valet parking for £200 for both of us!! Then to Plan B @ Custom Square: fantastic nite.
The cocktails are amazing!! Just remember to stick to a budget! I think we spent £100 on cocktails alone!
Dinner in Berts was stunning, and breakfast in the Great Room is AMAZING! Love how the waiting staff take your order & get you exactly what you ask for! They are what make The Merchant for me! Two years ago I was there for my birthday with my 4 sisters & indulged in spa half day treatments: a must it you have time. I came back from my nite out and there were handmade chocolates and birthday balloons in my room!
I love this hotel, & ALWAYS try & book when I'm in the area. In my opinion there is none better, and I've stayed in most.
Tip: try & book a room with roll top bath if you are away for a bit of romance;)

• Stayed: August 2011
1  Thank Boo31
Reviewed 24 May 2012

Grand luxury hotel with brilliant staff. In fact all over Belfast the residents could not have been more helpful. Has everybody been on training course of how to be nice to visitors? The public rooms in the Merchant are some of the best you will find. The bedrooms are well equipped, stylish and very comfortable. Everything you would expect from a hotel of this standard. Would I go back, it’s a resounding yes. Well done Merchant!

Room Tip: It is all good
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank NigelFerrier
Reviewed 24 May 2012

From the moment of arrival to departure we found nothing but perfection. The staff to a person was professional, friendly, informed and helpful. (We had stayed the previous night at the Portaferry Inn - owned by the Merchant and had the same experience.). We stayed on the "Deco" section and loved our large, sunny room with every thing we could ask for - including a French press coffee pot. The meals were of the highest quality and wait staff very accommodating to requests. The Spa/Gym was well laid out with high quality equipment and a well trained staff. All in all, a splendid, richly appointed building with attention to all details. (Of particular interest to us - and a first for all of the places we have stayed throughout the world - was that the bell staff were also the highly informed and most helpful consierges.) This is a very unique hotel - worthy of visiting just for it' experience.

Room Tip: We loved the Deco section - bright and large and open with a GREAT shower. We viewed ome of the Victorian rooms which were lovely and beautiful as well.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Carolyn R
Reviewed 24 May 2012

I have been lucky enough to stay in some wonderful hotels around the world and I am pleased to say The Merchant in Belfast can hold its own with any of them. From the moment you arrive you know that you are somewhere special. The staff are very frendly and nothing is too much trouble for them. We had a junior suite, which was beautifully decorated with a Balcony (not all suites have a balcony so ask when booking). The hot tub on the roof is quite a treat as is the glass fronted sauna with views over Belfast. Even though we had officially missed the breakfast cut-off time at 10am , we called reception and they kept service running for us intil 10:30. Dining in the Great Hall is a very special treat. It is not cheap but certainly a wonderful treat. Highly recommend this if you travel to Belfast.

Room Tip: If you can afford the extra for a suite and ask for a balcony, they are small but give some interesting views over Belfast.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple