Merchant Hotel
Ten Square(Belfast)
Hilton Belfast(Belfast)
  • Room Service
2,695 results
All reviewscocktail barart decogreat roomafternoon teahot tubcloth earvictorian roomberts jazz barulster bankrooftop jacuzzipure luxuryturn down servicebeautiful hotelhuge bathroomstar hoteltrufflebirthday treat
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 December 2012

Lasrt night we met friends for a pre dinner drink at the cocktail bar in the Merchant. Sad to say that the speed of service and the attitude of the staff and management was dreadful for a hotel of supposed 5 stars standard. Seated at the bar I finally attracted the attention of a very stern barman. I think his name was Lukas - he had a particularily strong foreign accent. It took 15mins for us to be served a mojito and a G&T. Whatever system they have in place meant that the Mojiot sat at the far end of the bar for 5 minutes after I was served my G&T waiting for a floor waiter to deliver it !!.

When our friends arrived we ordered another drink - same again but times two this time. Another 20 minutes passed before our drinks arrived. When we had finished I asked for the bill and was again disappointed to receive the wrong one. When I finally received the correct bill my friend commented to the manager on the abissmal service while my wife was being glared at by the menacing Lukas. The 'managers' reply was 'we're busy tonight'. If this hotel professes to be 5 star then surely that means 5 star consistantly. 5Star rating demands consistancy.The prices charged are certailny 5 star but sadly this rating is not reflected in the service and attitude of the staff!!

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank BarabusBangor
Reviewed 1 December 2012

Once again another treat at The Belfast Merchant Spa. Unwind in the tranquility and stillness of a relaxing massage and the use of the hydro therapy suite.
The staff Julie, Emma & on this visit Lea are friendly, welcoming, knowledgable and very professional. I would highly recommend the use of the spa to anyone who has not yet tried it.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank indianblonde
Reviewed 1 December 2012

I stayed recently at the Merchant Hotel for the second time. The hotel is centrally located but, difficult to find! The building itself was originally a bank with some fine features a mix of Victorian and Art Deco and exceptionally finished both in the rooms and the coomon areas. Staff and service is top class. I also had dinner in the restaurant with 8 customers and it was top class!

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank Keevin66
Reviewed 30 November 2012

Stayed here for one night only following a function and could write a thousand words about how good The Merchant Hotel is but I'll cut it down to one, "Fantastic". When I can afford to stay again, I certainly will. Better start saving now then!

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank GAWA75
Reviewed 28 November 2012

Return trip to to Merchant Hotel in Belfast on 24th Nov 12, we booked 'The Louis Mcneice suite' this time, and we were not dissapointed. From the minute we checked in we were made to feel special, the staff are so welcoming and helpful. As there was a VIP in our suite who wanted a late check out the manager offered complementary afternoon tea in the great hall which was a lovely experience. The bedroom was amazing, 'decadent', spacious, pure luxury a real treat, I would highly recomment this hotel. The food is sumptuous in the most beatiful setting, the cocktails are great too!! This hotel is set in a prime location to bars, resturants and nearby Victoria Square. Upon departure I decided to buy gift vouchers for family members (christmas presents), I think that speaks volumes about how I feel about this hotel. I would love to go back. Pure Luxury

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple