Merchant Hotel
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$182
US$203
US$200
US$180
  • Pool
Ibis Belfast Queens Quarter(Belfast)(Great Value!)
US$158
US$125
US$153
  • Restaurant
Ibis Belfast City Centre(Belfast)(Great Value!)
US$176
US$137
US$130
Hotwire.com
2,697 results
All reviewscocktail barart decogreat roomafternoon teahot tubcloth earvictorian roomberts jazz barulster bankrooftop jacuzzipure luxuryturn down servicebeautiful hotelhuge bathroomstar hoteltrufflebirthday treat
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 25 August 2014 via mobile

As a native of Belfast I had very high expectations of the Merchant as it is the only 5 star hotel. I organised a dinner party in one of the private rooms for around 20 people. Whilst those who stayed rated the actual accommodation highly , the food was not even mediocre and the service could only be described as dire ! Fish was cold and undercooked and we waited over an hour for ice ! Would not recommend for food nor service .... Go to the Europa or Culloden !

Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
12  Thank HannahT96
Reviewed 24 August 2014

This place is very nice. I stayed one night on a deal I got through another website. I definitely would not pay over £200 a night to stay here. The breakfast was nice and the staff in the Great Room were very good. The bed was very comfortable. The main thing that got to me was that when I came to check in the reception staff told me to take a seat and they would call me over. I waited about 20 minutes whilst they checked in several people who arrived after me. This annoyed me and I had to go over myself and ask to be checked in and the staff never even acknowledge the fact that they had made me wait and forgot about me. Iv had better service in rural towns in the back end of the USA in comparison to this.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 August 2014 via mobile

Stayed for our wedding night.
Amazed by the interior styles, though it can be very difficult to find your way around the maze of corridors.
The front desk staff were pleasant, though the attitude of some of the staff in the great room and bar leave a lot to be desired.

We stayed in the suite, which was beautiful. However the noise from the clubs on the same street vibrates through the walls until well after midnight (I suspect as a listing building it isn't possible to sound proof).

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank TokyoApple2014
Reviewed 20 August 2014

Recently stayed at the merchant hotel , hotel is lovely , staff very friendly , rooms lovely and breakfast was excellent , would defiantly recommend this hotel . We tried the cocktails and although they were very nice I thought they were a little over priced at almost £22 for 2 with service charge included in that , girl working in the cocktail bar was lovely very pleasant .

Room Tip: We had room 532 room was lovely but did not have a good view .
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 August 2014

We finished off our trip to Northern Ireland and Belfast with a final night at the Merchant Hotel. We left our wives at the front door whist we returned the hire car, and the staff couldn't have been more helpful in assisting with the luggage and check in.

Our room was fantastic and was one of the old vaults on the first floor. Huge bed, crisp linen and soft furnishings. Only down side was we were opposite a couple of pubs which were noisy until the early hours. The bathroom was great with a wonderful drench shower or a choice of a soak in the slipper bath! Our friends were on the second floor, with the biggest bathroom in the hotel!

We visited the roof top hot tub, which provided views over the roof tops of Belfast and to round off our visit, we arranged champagne and chocolates in the rooms, which we enjoyed before dinner.

Dinner was in the Great room (see separate review for the restaurant).

Worth it's five stars,