Failte B&B
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$222
US$211
US$279
US$181
  • Restaurant
Ramada Encore Belfast City Centre(Belfast)(Great Value!)
US$172
US$154
US$166
US$157
Hotels.com
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 4 August 2013

I stayed here for two nights recently while in Belfast for a football trip , having paid what I class as a cheap price for two nights I was very pleasantly surprised at the high quality of this place .
large spotlessly en suite room ,large bed ,fresh towels and a great view , I found no negative points to my stay but found a big positive in all aspects especially mary who is a great host very welcoming I ll definitely be booking again next time I m over

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 25 May 2013

Traveled to Northern Ireland for a two day stay. We drove up to the quaint Bed and Breakfast, quiet street, sweet little house. We were shown our room and bathroom. The room had an amazing view of the back garden, it was breathtaking. Unfortunately, The room was freezing. When we inquired about the heat, the lady who showed us the room, told us the heat would be turned on. Apparently they turned it on, when they wanted to? so we had no control. My daughter and I shivered most of the night. Next morning, at breakfast, we told her the room was quite chilly she told us she would look into it. The next day the actual owner Mary was there and we came home to a warm room, but when we went to take a shower. The hot water lasted for about five minutes then would shut on and off. My daughter and I ended up taking quick Cold/Hot showers, trying to get clean as fast as we could. It was really sad, we wanted to like the place but No hot water and freezing rooms, made the stay miserable.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 May 2013

I'm not a fan of B&B's, though on the very occasional time I have unavoidably stayed in them, I have stayed in just a couple of very nice ones. Failte I'm afraid does not qualify. Being shown to my room and finding the window wide open and it being freezing cold wasn't the best start! It's not bad by any means, but I like things to be just so and I like my own space. Having to walk out of my room to the bathroom is not for me. And when you get there, the large window with clear glass has no curtain or blind. It's only one neighbor that can see you I suppose, but it's one too many and it makes you feel very uncomfortable. And not sure where 'kedge' found the "nice fluffy towels" from. They had obviously run out of fabric softener when they washed mine!! The room iteself was clean and tidy, as was all the bedclothes etc. But it is very annoying that the TV remote wont turn off the (14" old style) TV completely, you having to get out of bed to do it. So, clean and reasonably comfortable. Nice couple that run it, but just not for me I'm afraid.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Linfo2
Reviewed 4 May 2013

Our original reservation at a previous B&B in Belfast moved us to Failte B&B due to a slight delay with renovations, which was a upsetting (but completely understanding) start to our journey to Belfast.

However, our stay at Failte B&B with our wonderful host Mary was the perfect start to our trip.

Failte B&B is a very cozy yet beautiful house in a very quaint area of SW Belfast with an incredibly easy walk to the Belfast train, which takes you right downtown in about 5 minutes. The Emerald Roadhouse (right next to the train stop) was a perfect pub to stop at on Sunday afternoon after a long trip throughout the Irish countryside. The view of the gorgeous backyard was wonderful backdrop as we enjoyed our delicious breakfast.

And let me tell you, Mary makes a phenomenal breakfast! The homemade bread matched with Mary's homemade apple jelly was a delight with my morning coffee and her traditional Irish breakfast was the best way I could have started my day!

Between our wonderful host Mary, an outstanding breakfast, a beautiful house and it's proximity to traveling downtown, we couldn't have stayed in a better location!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 March 2013

Just come back from a long weekend in Belfast, and stayed in this nice little B&B. Room was small but fully equipped with lovely fluffy towels,hairdryer, television and bathroom amenities. The owner Mary is lovely and very helpful, always making time to chat. She recommended us to do the free tour that is available every day of the City Hall and it was really good! Train and buses are very handy, and you would be better to get an all day bus pass if you want to make a couple of trips back and forth to the city centre. Breakfast is also great with a full fry and absolutely delicious home made bread. There is a pub next to Finaghy train station with a restaurant called The Emerald Road House that offers a three course evening meal for two people with any drink each of your choice for £19.99 and it is a bargain as the food was fantastic and fresh, with seafood, duck and lamb as some of the options.

All in all a really enjoyable stay.

Room Tip: Ask for the en suite room
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple