“Hospitality Galore, Good Location, Great Irish Charm and Affordable”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Springfield B&B

Springfield B&B
Ranked #19 of 51 Belfast B&B and Inns
Toronto
“Hospitality Galore, Good Location, Great Irish Charm and Affordable”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2012

Kevin, the owner of the Springfield Bed and Breakfast, is an amazing man! Right when we arrived at the B&B, he welcomed us with the wonderful Irish charm and hospitality you expect to get across the sea. Kevin was so accommodating! Anything you need from making a phone call to personally picking you up and taking you anywhere you need to go. He is a wealth of knowledge. The B&B is nicely situated with a fabulous bistro around the corner, Failte. Bus stop around the corner. 5 minutes to city centre. Loads of take out restaurants in walking distance. A great pub directly across the street. The room was very clean, comfortable, safe and perfect for my daughter and to stay at an affordable price! We were visiting Belfast for the World Championships of Irish Dancing. The breakfast was great! Everything was great! I can't thank Kevin enough for what he did for us. I now know what Napoleon's nose looks like LOL! Make sure you take in the Titanic exhibit in Belfast and shop at Primark for the best deals in town. Would love to go back someday. Thank you for making our holiday one we will remember for many years to come. Take care Kevin and say hi to the lovely ladies who help run your wonderful establishment!

Room Tip: No problems with noise. Slept like a baby. If you have heavy luggage ask for lower floor room.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Bristol, UK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2012

This all depends on expectations. If you're wanting and expecting a budget B&B which is close enough to the centre to comfortably walk and will give you a good night's sleep and a decent breakfast, you're in luck. If you're expecting luxury then you'll be disappointed. The rooms are basic but clean and well equipped. The owner is very willing to help and has lots of local knowledge. The atmosphere is very informal. It's not somewhere you'd want to necessarily sit around and relax in all day, but as a base it's very good.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
Stirling, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2012

As we walked to the front door there were blue plastic pipes and other debris to greet us in the front garden. Inside was little better the smell of grease and cooking was awful. There was wiring hanging down from the ceiling in the hall and it had not been swept in days. The bedrooms were clean but one of the towels had a large brown stain which we put down to fake tan!!!!! During our stay there our room was not touched, beds were left unmade, bin unemptied etc. We did not eat breakfast as we felt sick with the awful smell of the downstairs area. We could not move as everywhere was fully booked. I know some people rated this b &b but everyone has different standards. It was not for us and I would not recommend it to anyone. Be warned.
It was a 15 minute walk to city centre.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
7 Thank helendc1
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2012

Wonderful little place with great amenities for very little! The owner and his wife were extremely helpful - he called all over to help me find my next place to stay after my booking was messed up by an online booking site, and then he even personally drove me to my next location so I wouldn't have to traipse around with luggage or find a cab.
Wonderful all-you-can-eat breakfast as well!
Highly recommended for its clean rooms, great people, and good food.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
Liverpool, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2012

Kevin and his wife are very nice, gave me a lot of help. I lived in a room with a skylight, pretty lovely like a fary tale. Breakfast is awsome, I like the potato bread, it makes me feel like home.

Room Tip: Room with skylight is pretty good, breeze can calm me down and help into sleep
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2012

This bed & breakfast is very nice. The best part is the hospitality of the owner and his wife. They were willing to help in any way they could and gave us excellent sightseeing information.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 January 2012

This was my 2nd stay at the Springfield b&b and it was every bit as enjoyable as my first, the welcome I received on my arrival was made me feel like I was a returning friend kevin is a perfect host and Belfast just gets better I highly recommend Springfield b&b and the north of ireland

• Stayed December 2011