“Nothing exceptional”
Review of MAZE Restaurant - CLOSED

MAZE Restaurant
Cuisines: Asian, European, Indian, Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Our Restaurant is situated right in the heart of Belfast City Centre, and within this vibrant location it provides a unique dining experience, the like of which Belfast has never seen before. The dynamic interior and attentive staff will delight you from the very moment you set foot inside. Our team of highly trained chef's hand pick the best of fresh produce and using these locally sourced ingredients, they create dishes which provide taste sensations like no other. Their passion for food shines through in every bite and we are sure once you have sampled the delicacies that they create you'll fall in love with the taste, just as we have. Our Cocktail bar, offers a range of exciting drinks, individually handmade for you by our highly trained staff. There is also on occasion's live acoustic music, which provides a perfect backdrop for enjoying the ambience within. Solo Kitchen + Bar is spacious, yet also personal, catering from a single diner, couples, a family enjoying some quality time together, or larger groups for celebrations, reunions, or just a good get together to catch up with old friends. So come, enjoy our unique hospitality and let us provide a truly unforgettable experience for you.
Bangor, United Kingdom
“Nothing exceptional”
Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

Nice decor, friendly staff and decent food. An overall pleasant dining experience and reasonably priced thanks to the purchase of a 2-course Groupon voucher. Nothing special to necessarily tempt you back..just another "good" restaurant in Belfast.

Visited June 2014
Mazerestaurant1, Manager at MAZE Restaurant, responded to this review, 18 July 2014
Dear Just my opinion51,
Thank you for choosing Maze and sharing with us your feedback. We are sorry that you feel our service was not exceptional, which we strive for, however we do appreciate the kind comments that you have left.
We hope to have another future opportunity to welcome you back soon and to ammend your thoughts about our restaurant.
Best regards,
Maze Restaurant
Belfast.

“Just OK-nothing wrong with it but not WOW”
Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

My boyfriend and I decided to try here to celebrate his graduation. Going with high expectations from previous reviews, I was some what disappointed! The service and food was just OK but not at the standard I was expecting or the standard I expect in Belfast! It felt more like a casual lunch than a nice dinner. It lacked that wow factor and I felt unsatisfied. However, the decor of the restaurant is beautiful and MAZE has a good wine list. Perhaps working on the menu would bring it to the standard people seem to be reporting

Dear S_laffs
We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback regarding your recent visit to Maze.
We strive to provide our customers with an excellent service and are very sorry to read that this is not what you recieved. Your feedback has been communicated to the team and we are taking your comments into consideration. Please contact me if you decide to visit us again and I will ensure your visit is a memorable one and amend your feedback.
My sincere apologies,
Kind Regards
Maze Restaurant
Belfast
Kildare, Ireland
“I'd definitely be back - loved it !”
Reviewed 3 July 2014

Food in this restaurant is just gorgeous. Really enjoyed eating here, the staff are all very friendly and helpful. The atmosphere is very oriental and sofiscated. The food was honestly fab and we would definitely go back again!

• Visited July 2014
3 Thank Brigid952
Dear Brigid,
What a lovely review! My entire team and I would like to thank you so much for having taken the time to share your positive feedback with the online travel community and we hope to have another opportunity to welcome you back soon.
Many thanks.
Maze Restaurant, Belfast
Oxford, Mississippi
“Find your way to the MAZE”
Reviewed 26 June 2014

This is a great spot for a theatre pre-fixe meal. I took a group of university students here for our goodbye dinner from a two week study abroad trip. We had three courses for 17 pounds which is quite a bargain. The starter and dessert were spectacular; our mains were good but not as impressive as the first and last course. They had a lot of range on the menu and my vegetarian and my fish eater were happy. Also to their credit, they had no problem serving our group of 8 people. This ambiance was also fabulous. Definitely worth a visit!

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank afreudgirl
Dear Afreudgirl,
My team and I would like to thank you so much for having taken the time to share the feedback about your dining experience at Maze. We are sorry to hear that the main course was not up to standard like the first and last. I have passed these comments on to my kitchen team, who will strive to ensure all courses are up to standard. It was a pleasure having you with us. We hope to have another future opportunity to welcome you again soon.
Many thanks.
Maze Restaurant, Belfast
“review of new restaurant in belfast”
Reviewed 19 June 2014

i was passing maze restaurant and decided to pop in and book a table. When we went to it the staff were very friendly and helpful and we were shown to our table straight away, we ordered drinks which were brought without any hassle and our food orders were taken quickly, food was an excellent standard and wine list was good, there was also a girl started singing and playing a guitar at the front of the restaurant which was really good and not too loud. The bill was very reasonable. We will definitely be back again

• Visited June 2014