My teenage son and I stayed here for a competition held at the Waterfront Hall. This hotel was a FABULOUS choice - reasonably priced, comfortable, and well-located for everything we needed to get to. Easy to walk to the Waterfront Hall, the big new mall, and the city center. The breakfasts were delicious with lots of choices.
We did run into some service issues in the hotel restaurant, but mainly because of the numbers of people there while we were there. Demand was high, so the restaurant was working overtime and did run out of some items on occasion and service was not speedy. But considering the hotel restaurant was the ONLY place we could take children to eat late at night (we often did not get out of the competitions until 9pm or later), I cannot complain. We had friends staying elsewhere who would come back with us because we knew we could eat at the Premier Inn.
The rooms were comfortable, although not super-plush. Wood floors with no rugs could be a little sparse for some, and I personally would have preferred better lighting. There was only one fluorescent over the bed light, with two small reading lights, and even with them all on, the room was pretty dark at night. Better lighting would have made the room more cozy.
Check in was great- the woman working the desk was wonderful. We arrived very early in the morning, and were able to leave our luggage until we could officially get into our room, so that we could go and see a bit of the city. They did a nice job of getting us into our room as early as possible also, which we greatly appreciated.
All in all, we loved our stay here - it really fit the bill without breaking the pocketbook! We would stay here again in a heartbeat!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the city that inspired Gulliver's Travels. A stay at Premier Inn Hotel Belfast Alfred Street puts you just a small step away from some big attractions, not to mention all the delights of a twenty-first century shopping centre. And if you're here on business, we'll make sure your stay is a pleasant one. Track down the Titanic story to its source. Or make tracks to some of the biggest names on the high street - don't miss the continental market if you're here over Christmas. There's nightlife that'll make your day, and everything from an interactive science museum to a candy factory. Don't fill up on too many sweets though, there's good food waiting for you at our restaurant, and comfy beds in every room. Transport and local information: Belfast Zoo Belfast Convention Centre 0.5 mile Botanic Gardens 0.5 mile Belfast City Airport 4 miles Europa Bus and Train Station 1 mile ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Priceline, Premier Inn and Agoda so you can book your Premier Inn Belfast City Centre (Alfred Street) Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Premier Inn Belfast City Centre Alfred St Hotel Belfast
- Premier Travel Inn Belfast