“Lovely B&B in a great location”

Harpers Boutique Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #4 of 52 Belfast B&B and Inns
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Recently refurbished with all the character of the original building, the hotel was clean, modern and had a luxurious feel to it. I stayed in room number 5 which had an extremely comfortable bed, large windows that let lots of light in and a very modern bathroom with an excellent shower. The food at breakfast was delicious and the staff were very attentive, ensuring we were topped up with tea and coffee and toast at all times. The owners are very friendly and welcoming and the B&B is in a great area, very close to the university and only a short walk into the city centre. I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 25 June 2014 via mobile

We found Harpers on booking.com and were not disappointed. I can but agree to the things written in previous reviews. A nice place with really friendly hosts, spacious rooms and a wonderful breakfast. It is a 15 minutws walk from the centre and the area (University Street) has a great, student feel to it.

So I would definetely recommend this place and will surely come back here for my next meeting.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 June 2014

Our B&B that we had booked let us down; The Harpers B&B came highly recommended by our other B&B. I rang Mandy an explained what happened, she was so helpful, it was really short notice we had a First hold Communion in Belfast the next day; she had a beautiful child’s crib for my 7mth old and a class child’s bed organised for my 4 yr old.
Our room was so spacious we didn't get that feeling that we were squeezed into a room like we would have been in a hotel. Mandy and Paul are excellent hosts anything that you could ask for they had it already organised for us.
The B&B itself is a Stunning old building which they have lovingly restored keeping all the old beautiful features of the house while providing all the amenities of a modern establishment. The rooms are beautifully decorated to a high standard and the quality of the breakfast was incredible, my husband and I both remarked that there was no greasy feeling that you would get from most fry-up in hotels.
Next time we have to go to Belfast we will be definitely going back to stay at The Harpers.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Sharon C
Reviewed 10 June 2014

My travel partner found this gem on booking.com as we created our itinerary on the fly. Absolutely gorgeous interior design. The building is being lovingly restored with a fine attention to detail and a fresh, airy feel. Our stay was just 3 weeks into the opening of this B&B and so much was already being done so well, beyond just cleanliness and comfort. Wonderful fry-up for breakfast. Fantastic, friendly service. Great location in walking distance to downtown restaurants, the university area, and Titanic exhibit. Would absolutely return. Hoping there is a a constant stream of visitors to make this place a success.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 June 2014

THarpers really is amazing! Stayed last weekend As I was attending a works leaving do and I was so impressed. The original features of this building remain but the contemporary feel of the place is just fabulous. Loved the wet rooms, super king sized bed and bed linen you could get lost in! Breakfast the next morning was fresh, appetising and cooked to perfection. The hosts, Mandy and Paul are just so friendly. Definitely recommend and definitely stay again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank MojitoJoe
Reviewed 27 May 2014 via mobile

Absolutely gorgeous place in belfast ! So clean and luxurious ! And awsome service ! Wud definitely be back without a doubt !
I'm from Mexico and wud recommend to my friends over there !
10 out of 10
Loved it loved it !
Great hospitality

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank chata2011
Reviewed 20 May 2014

Booked in for one night while on business in Belfast. I do a lot of travelling and wanted something different from the usual bland big chain hotels. Harpers didn't disappoint! Very recently opened they are still working on the "finishing touches" but they have made a superb start. Beautiful old building lovingly restored but with all the amenities of a modern establishment. Very good quality carpets, bed linen, beds and furnishings. Excellent bathroom with power shower. All spotlessly clean ! Breakfast freshly cooked to order - and the best I have had for a long time! Would recommend this to anyone visiting Belfast and I look forward to my next stay

Room Tip: Stair lift available - say if you need this facility