“Brilliant place to see Belfast”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Very good - based on 53 reviews

Reviews from our community

jacub1234...
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Brilliant place to see Belfast”
Reviewed 31 January 2018 for a stay in January 2018

This property has everything you need for small and large groups alike.
This is my second time here with a large group and we walk everywhere - attractions, restaurants & pubs.
This time we went to the Ulster Museum and Cathedral Quarter.
Good value, great location with large living/dining area for groups.
Loved it, will be back.

Date of stay: January 2018
Your age range 25-34
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
15 Feb 2018
Thank you Jacub for your review. It is a great place to see Belfast from and it's extremely good value for large groups and small groups alike. Hope to see you soon, William
Reviewed 22 January 2018 for a stay in January 2018

Date of stay: January 2018
31 Jan 2018
Hi thank you for your review and we always take on board what our guests say and take appropriate action to enhance the experience of future guests.
I would just like to comment on the points you have raised as follows.
Firstly, the property is in an excellent location for Belfast. You are probably already aware of Belfast’s troubled past and much of the City is still divided into what is known as Unionist/ Loyalist/ Protestant & Nationalist/ Republican/ Roman Catholic areas – this is now (thankfully) part of the City’s culture and amongst the many reasons why so many visitors come to Belfast. This said, most visitors prefer to take an impartial view with regards to Northern Ireland’s troubled past and the property is in an area generally regarded as being neutral in terms of politics and religion - straddled between the university and city centre. There are very few areas like this close to Belfast’s city centre. This makes it a suitable home for all classes and creeds whilst providing a platform to visit all of the city’s landmarks, nightlife and restaurants. It is a university area remember but I would not use the term “rough” (a very inappropriate class-driven term to use when being asked to give constructive feedback) when describing the area. The locality may have been a bit lively the weekend you stayed as the students would have been back for Freshers week but I wouldn’t have thought it to be “very loud” – certainly not any louder that most other city centre locations.
With regards to your statement about children, I am unsure what are you saying here. Surely any responsible parent would supervise their children – so why would you not bring them with you? Are you suggesting you would let them roam the streets? One of the most dangerous places for young persons is the home/family environment but singling out the university area of Belfast, where the property is, seems to be an unfair generalisation. There’s never been any issue with young adults going out on their own before if that’s the age group you are referring to; the area is thriving with young people. The bohemian areas of Botanic and Stranmillis are minutes away on foot.
With regards to “a much cleaner house,” it is important to remember that the property is an old Edwardian townhouse with some characteristics different to that of modern properties but all the rooms are cleaned before each stay with fresh clothing put on beds.
Thank you for referring to me as being “very nice and helpful” and I had to get new locks fitted because of the keys you lost – no problem though as it is easy for guests to loose keys.
When your mixed grouped arrived at 11.30am and passed me in the hallway, I observed a very strong smell of alcohol and I am just wondering at this stage if there were any incidents in Belfast or the area that may have contributed to the writing of this review. I say this because I feel the use of terms like “rough” and stating I “would not take children there to stay,” has come across as disingenuous otherwise. These sorts of statements quite often say more about the type of people who make them rather than the subject they are addressing.
I have tried my best to give an honest review in response to your review.
The property is in a great location and facilitates large and small groups.
Thanks for staying at my property and I hope you come back to Belfast soon.
Regards
Reviewed 11 December 2017 for a stay in December 2017

Date of stay: December 2017
29 Dec 2017
Thank you for your review. Yes the property is in a perfect location to see all of Belfast and it has old character as you would expect as it was built during a time (Edwardian) when Belfast was a thriving industrial city - the house was actually first owned by the British Ambassador to Russia at the time.
The "very large" house is designed in a way that there are basically 2 persons to a room (rather than a more open dormatory approach) and each of there rooms has a wash hand basin and each room is functionally adequate in terms of size. In total there are 11 wash hand basins, 3 toilets and 2 showers on the upper floors of the property. Unlike hotels, the tastefully decorated and private large living/dining area is where most people congregate and proves to be a popular venue for large groups to gather for cocktails! You had a large group (13) and there are few properties that would allow such a large number of people to feel they have their own space - if any,this house would be one of them. Longer stays for similar or slightly smaller groups has never proved to be a problem in the past. In fact I had 18 persons staying for over a week with raving happy experiences.
For the warmer months I plan to adapt the rear courtyard into a beer garden and this will prove useful for smokers all year round.
One thing guests love is the ample hot water always on tap and how warm the property is during the winter months.
I've had 10 beds with approved medium firm mattresses installed recently and they are amongst the best available - they are designed to give "support in the right places ... and to work .. to closely follow your body."
I'm glad you "would stay again" and hopefully people reading this will book the property knowing that it offers fantastic value-for-money to large groups and a very functional setting for large and small groups alike.
Your review has been very helpful and I will take it on board when making constructive changes for the benefit of future guests - and I hope you are one soon!
I am constantly doing work to the property based on reviews so thanks again.
Regards,
William
pmcgrath1...
Boston, Massachusetts
“Perfect house for our family trip”
Reviewed 29 November 2017 for a stay in November 2017

We stayed here for 3 nights with a group of 13 (adults & children) visiting Belfast for the Friendship Four college hockey tournament and I have to say the house was perfect for our needs. Lots of bedrooms for everyone, only 2 showers--so we needed to plan accordingly, but never ran out of hot water. Great space in dining room/living room for us to gather at end of day & kitchen was well equipped. Location was great & very accessible to restaurants & shopping--10-20 minute walks or small fare for taxis. Also, William the owner was very helpful & responsive with all my questions and inquiries. We had a great time & would recommend this property!

Date of stay: November 2017
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
anyexcuse
Ireland, Co Mayo
“Perfect for a group!”
Reviewed 21 November 2017 for a stay in November 2017

I run a social group and we had a weekend trip away to Belfast staying in William‘s house. There was 14 in the group and we really did have a fantastic weekend and were very comfortable in the house. It was also fantastic value and so close to the centre of Belfast no cars we needed as we could walk everywhere. We ate in Villia Italia on night one on William’s recommendation and it was delicious! Plenty of on street parking available which is free of charge an added bonus!
There are only two showers and two toilets and yes the rooms are very small but really for a large group you couldn’t get better for the price. The kitchen and living area downstairs is fabulous and overall the house is well presented and very clean. My one suggestion would be to have some sort of hooks in the rooms to hang clothes as not all rooms had anything to put clothes away.
Thank you William for a great stay and hopefully we will use your home again on another trip to Belfast.

Date of stay: November 2017
ahamlett0...
Toano, Virginia
“Wedding in Belfast”
Reviewed 12 October 2017 for a stay in October 2017

Lovely house conveniently located to most attractions in Belfast. It was a great house for my guests to stay at during our wedding weekend. Plenty of room and adequately gives a big number of guest plenty of space and rooms!

Date of stay: October 2017
14 Oct 2017
Many thanks Ashley for you review and hope to see you again some time.
Sjsalmon
“Served it's purpose”
Reviewed 26 September 2017 for a stay in September 2017
people found this review helpful

This house seems to be a work in progress. The downstairs living area was comfortable and well suited for a large group, with good kitchen facilities to enable in-house catering (though more crockery and cutlery would be a bonus). The bedrooms were generally small and basic. They typically had a wash basin, but nowhere to hang clothes etc. Our biggest gripe was the advertised 4 bathrooms. In reality there were 2 shower rooms that worked well and 2 toilets that needed refurbishment. This was manageable for a short break, but disappointing nonetheless, and way below the standard we'd expected.
Overall, the property was adequate for our family get-together. I hope that the owner will carry on with improvements so that future guests can enjoy a more refined visit.

Date of stay: September 2017
10 Oct 2017
Hi Mr Salmon, many thanks for your review and we take on board all the points you mentioned. As it would appear your biggest gripe was the property being advertised as having 4 bathrooms. I would just like to point out that this is how Holiday Lettings advertise their properties but we took the measure of detailing what each bathroom meant is in terms of facilities - namely 2 as shower rooms and 2 as toilets. This would have been visible at the time of your booking. Each of the rooms have a rail with coat hangers for hanging clothes. I appreciate feedback and we have now installed a third toilet (integrated with one of the showers) as an improvement for larger groups and have put new floor coverings in each of the toilets as a means of refurbishment. Many thanks and hope to see you again.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing
$USD
United Kingdom
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.