“Fan blooming tastic!”

Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Banbridge , Northern Ireland
“Fan blooming tastic!”
Reviewed 17 July 2014 via mobile

We went to Shiro for a very late lunch after work on a Wednesday. We were a little worried as there was no one else in the restaurant. We needn't have worried. The staff were warm and welcoming. We were seated in a booth overlooking the bar. The decor is clean modern and beige. It's a very cool looking bar/restaurant. We were given water and asked if we wanted anything to drink. The waitress that looked after us was fun and personable. We ordered our food which did take a while to arrive considering we were the only table in. We had the quail and scallops to start and honey chilli beef and tempura pollock for main. My husband had the textures of chocolate for dessert and I had a plum sake. The food was fabulous and fresh. The flavours were well balanced and fresh. I cannot wait to venture back to Shiro. Well worth a visit.

Belfast, United Kingdom
“SPLENDID FOOD, REASONABLE PRICES”
Reviewed 11 July 2014

I had lunch today. Great ambiance and very polite host when entering. Menu slightly restricted for lunch but ample choice - Had beetroot infused salmon - excellent followed by lightly battered pollock with chips, followed by the biscuit and cheesecake - All of the food was well presented and tasted great. Service extremely good. One Gin and Tonic, 2 glasses of chardonney the meal and coffee totalled £48 which was good value for money. I recommend.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank paul c
“Try it for yourself!”
Reviewed 9 July 2014 via mobile

Visited Shiro recently and it was nothing short of exceptional. Yes it is a little expensive and to some it may seem 'pretentious' - but Shiro is a trend setter in Belfast... there is nothing else like it. The food was delicious and the drinks offerings brilliant - do you know they make all their cordials etc in house?

There are some Trip Advisor reviews about Shiro that are very, very misinformed (see the review left on 6th July about not paying staff and who the owner is).

My only little tiny negative or word of warning to potential customers is that they do have a very strict dress code and I have heard of large groups getting turned away for not adhering to this code (although they are not the only establishment in Belfast to do this).

Try something new.... and enjoy it!

Visited June 2014
1 Thank GBell92
“Excellent Eurasian Eats”
Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

The BFM was in the Fine Dining Quarter of Belfast (I've just coined it that!!!) nestled in Howard Street,Brunswick Street and James Street South. When I realised the pedigree of Fine Dining we have so close together I swelled with pride, Belfast we have come afar and come of age!

I decided to try the newest addition Shiro, the Eurasian Restaurant Bar Lounge.

Bruswick Street
Belfast
BT2 7GE
United Kingdom
+44 28 9024 8000

This was Irene and Nan's in its previous incarnation. Shiro's general layout was not very different from its predecessor but very well illuminated and decorated, a definite Oriental feel.

I arrived at noon and ordered the pan fried chicken breast (£8.50) on bed of veg,udon noodles and peanut sauce. Service was excellent and staff very friendly. Food came out after about 15 minutes, so yes nice and fresh. Presentation was excellent. Felt the chicken was a tad bland, this was rectified with some house chilli oil- not too hot!! Udon noodles best I've had for a while well complimented by a modest amount of stir fried vegetables with a hint of peanuts. So overall fantastic food, super service, amazing ambience and of course delicious dining, a must to try!!!!

Ps for drinks I had my usual water,which was present in bottles in ice buckets dotted throughout the restaurant. If you are indulgent you can buy a bottle of spirits,what u don't drink you give back,get brass tag and next time you are in present tag and drink- nice idea!!!

Once again the BFM shares the food love!!! Ciao down now!!!

1 Thank BelfastFoodTravelMan
“Really Disappointed”
Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

We had heard a lot about Shiro and thought that we should support anyone opening a new place in Belfast. Unfortunately things didn't turn out as we planned. The restaurant has been well refurbished and there was a real buzz about it when we arrived. However our 9.30 table wasn't ready and so we had a drink at the bar which was not a problem. We eventually got seated at 10 and after trying several times to get service we were able to place our order at 10.30. At 10.50 we asked if our starter was coming, at 11 it arrived. It was after 11.30 before our main course arrived so it was midnight by the time we were leaving and really we were so annoyed at spending so much time waiting we just went home. I'm not sure what the problem was but all the other diner's were complaining about the service. Our waitress was very pleasant and apologetic it was possibly was a problem in the kitchen.
The food when it came was good. I see some other reviews stating similar problems. If Shiro doesn't sort this out it won't be open as a restaurant for very long. I for one won't be going back there to eat.

Visited July 2014