“Exceptional customer service”

Shiro
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 7 August 2014

Feeling spoiled and special after my visit - certainly, staff in Shiro are trained to make the client feel valued which is what we felt every moment of our visit.
The decor is airy, minimalist and sumptuous. The service is impeccable and the place immaculate.
We both had a chicken dish from the extensive menu and sampled several cocktails and wine. Didn't want to leave. Can't wait to go back and sample some more. Def try it!

2  Thank rdonnell

Reviewed 6 August 2014

Dropped in here for a few drinks after dinner at flame. (V,good) . Greeted at door by most polite doormen in belfast! Shown to free seats by the fireplace and immediately felt at ease. Waiter was attentive and knowledgable about wines cocktails beers etc. would have liked to have seen better selection of home brewed beers and ales but cocktails and wine where of decent quality. As I said the staff are attentive and there is lots of them (I counted 20) but the prices of drinks reflect this and as they say you get what you pay for. Would return but maybe not every weekend.

2  Thank fusspot2012
Reviewed 4 August 2014

I visited Shiro at the weekend and I was immediately impressed with the amazing décor. We were greeted by two very pleasant staff who couldn't have been more welcoming. The immediate vibe was unlike anywhere in Belfast. We were shown to the bar as our table was not ready and were given menus to peruse. We only had a short wait and were shown to our table which was one of the comfortable booths.

Overall I found the service good, the waitress that we had was excellent at making recommendations about the dishes and was very knowledgeable. The only slight downside was that the staff were slow about coming back to pour the wine and if we needed something it was quite hard to attract someone's attention. Normally I am happy to pour my own wine, however at the beginning of the evening the staff were attentive and kept refilling our glasses but as the evening went on the level of service dropped slightly. The food was very good and I was impressed with the menu overall.

I will certainly be back and the service, décor and overall atmosphere was more reminiscent of New York and not Belfast.

1  Thank SQ04
Reviewed 30 July 2014

Attentive waiter who was friendly and courteous. Atmosphere good and decor modern . Busy and popular place

1  Thank Harky41
Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

Being a traditionalist when it comes to food, I rarely venture off the beaten track. However, when you walk into Shiro, you completely forget you're in Belfast and feel invited to sample a whole different menu. It combines traditional British food with an Asian fusion twist and it's simply fantastic.
Deciding to relax and try new things, we went for the sushi platter to share. With a combination of entirely new flavours and textures, I was completely blown away. Not only was the quality second to none, the quantity was higher than expected, meaning that not only are you experiencing a whole range of different flavours, you're also getting value for money.
The main courses were simply class! The smoked chicken with prawn stuffing, curry and vegetables was wonderful and the bavette steak, marinated for 48 hours, was so tender and melted in the mouth. The sides of nori fries (get them, they're amazing!) and stir-fried veg were also delicious.
In no time at all, our dessert order was taken and our dishes placed in front of us. The chocolate textures and the madeleines with panecotta were divine and rounded off the meal beautifully.
A cocktail from their drinks list is mandatory. Not only does the food menu invite you to sample different dishes, the cocktail menu instructs you to, and you won't be disappointed. The running theme of tradition with an Asian twist is concurrent in the drinks menu; watching the cocktails being made with such flair and professionalism is almost as enjoyable as drinking them.
The service was faultless, with our servers, Jamie and Danielle, ensuring that our evening passed smoothly and comfortably; our glasses were refreshed and refilled, cocktails and wines recommended with each course and a genuine interest in how our evening was going.
All in all, I would 100% recommend Shiro to anyone who's passionate about food and drink. The whole concept is entirely niche and I hope they receive the success they deserve.