“Dogs Bollox”
Review of Shiro - CLOSED

Shiro
Cuisines: Sushi, Fusion
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Drinks, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
“Dogs Bollox”
Reviewed 8 August 2014

Terrific Food, great service and generous portiions, I had Quail for starters and a steak & Prawns for main, my partner had chicken noodle soup and chicken for main, with side portions of fries, brocolli and stir fried greens. I will be back at some point as I think there was some very tastey looking slow cooked pork on the menu.
Def a thumbs up for me

1 Thank Pat M

“Exceptional customer service”
Reviewed 7 August 2014

Feeling spoiled and special after my visit - certainly, staff in Shiro are trained to make the client feel valued which is what we felt every moment of our visit.
The decor is airy, minimalist and sumptuous. The service is impeccable and the place immaculate.
We both had a chicken dish from the extensive menu and sampled several cocktails and wine. Didn't want to leave. Can't wait to go back and sample some more. Def try it!

2 Thank rdonnell
“Excellent service but you pay for it”
Reviewed 6 August 2014

Dropped in here for a few drinks after dinner at flame. (V,good) . Greeted at door by most polite doormen in belfast! Shown to free seats by the fireplace and immediately felt at ease. Waiter was attentive and knowledgable about wines cocktails beers etc. would have liked to have seen better selection of home brewed beers and ales but cocktails and wine where of decent quality. As I said the staff are attentive and there is lots of them (I counted 20) but the prices of drinks reflect this and as they say you get what you pay for. Would return but maybe not every weekend.

• Visited July 2014
2 Thank fusspot2012
County Down, Northern Ireland
“A great vibe and fantastic decor”
Reviewed 4 August 2014

I visited Shiro at the weekend and I was immediately impressed with the amazing décor. We were greeted by two very pleasant staff who couldn't have been more welcoming. The immediate vibe was unlike anywhere in Belfast. We were shown to the bar as our table was not ready and were given menus to peruse. We only had a short wait and were shown to our table which was one of the comfortable booths.

Overall I found the service good, the waitress that we had was excellent at making recommendations about the dishes and was very knowledgeable. The only slight downside was that the staff were slow about coming back to pour the wine and if we needed something it was quite hard to attract someone's attention. Normally I am happy to pour my own wine, however at the beginning of the evening the staff were attentive and kept refilling our glasses but as the evening went on the level of service dropped slightly. The food was very good and I was impressed with the menu overall.

I will certainly be back and the service, décor and overall atmosphere was more reminiscent of New York and not Belfast.

1 Thank Shopaholic2
“great service”
Reviewed 30 July 2014

Attentive waiter who was friendly and courteous. Atmosphere good and decor modern . Busy and popular place

Visited July 2014