“Decent food, good service...but what's with the cocktail menu?”
Review of apartment

apartment
Ranked #340 of 1,097 Restaurants in Belfast
Price range: US$11 - US$26
Cuisines: Bar, Grill, Wine Bar
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Bar Scene, Groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Golden Mile
Reviewed 7 July 2014

I have been in here a number of times over the years but the other day was the first time I had been in about a year. We had already had a meal elsewhere but decided to have desserts and cocktails here. The desserts were very nice (I had the apple crumble, which was maybe a bit heavy on the crumble, and my wife had a cheesecake, which she loved). The waitress was very friendly and attentive (perhaps a little too much...but that's much better than the opposite!). The cocktail menu, however, was a disappointment - there used to be a booklet, but now there's a stained sheet of paper on a clipboard. My wife had her old favourite, a frozen Moulin Rouge (which she said was just as good as it used to be), and I had a New York Sour (unfortunately I didn't notice this had Shiraz in it - why anyone would want to pour red wine over whisky is beyond me, but it was my decision to try it). There also doesn't seem to be the range of cocktails (including Champagne cocktails) that there used to be. A pity because it confirms the impression that the place has gone downhill. But the food and service make it still worth going.

Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

Only went in for a drink. Haven't been for years. The place is a dive and needs serious renovation. Dangerous nails sticking out of walls, lamps with no shades and totally worn out and shabby furniture. Posters hanging off walls. Depressing downstairs bar area. Dead on Friday at 1900 when other places busy.

2  Thank mew20
Reviewed 8 May 2014 via mobile

Me and my wife went to apartment for our wedding anniversary. Drinks are superb. Very cheap compare to anywhere in belfast. Service is excellent. I dint like the food menu as there is nothing much of a selection. We ordered some starters and they were very bland.
Harish

Reviewed 26 April 2014 via mobile

Group of 7 adults in for relaxing evening meal to be deafened by music blaring speaker positioned above our heads. Couldn't hear one another speak, asked staff to turn down music was told couldn't as it was sorround sound system. Music got louder eventually noticed and turned it down briefly. Food just OK spoiled by a bad atmosphere caused by noise pollution. Couldn't wait to leave.

2  Thank mchugh12
Reviewed 26 April 2014

I have eaten here on numerous occasions with my husband, an old school friend, and with friends visiting from Belgium, and apart from My Belgian friend asking for a white Port which they didn't have (it is a popular aperitif on the continent) I've never had a bad meal there.

Yesterday my friend and I went at about 6pm. It was not busy, but when the menus came we were told that there was no duck or lamb rump. We looked at the menu, weren't impressed with the alternatives, so decided not to eat there and left.

We were both surprised and disappointed that the restaurant had run out of two dishes so early in the evening, and that the rest of the menu seemed uninspiring.

we certainly won't be back in a hurry, sadly.