“Average sort of place”

Neills Hill Brasserie
Ranked #111 of 1,043 Restaurants in Belfast
Price range: US$0 - US$103
Cuisines: Irish, European, British
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Kids, Groups, Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Moscow, Russia
“Average sort of place”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014

Noisy, busy restaurant, although service was good. Lots of seafood options and a Greek twist to the menu. We had to ask what many items on the menu actually were, as it features things like pappardelle and orzo, but although I like being advernturous, the menu as a whole was a little over the top.
The mussals starter was delicious and generous. The spinach and parmesan souffle was tasty and not as rich as it could have been. I went home hungry as my choices were more decorative than filling.
The meal was pretty good on the whole, but I can't think of any reason to go back to such an average place in an area with no parking and no other reason to be there.

• Visited August 2013

“Do a great steak, not so great burger!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014

We booked a table for early on a Saturday night. The restaurant was very busy, and because it was early in the evening there were more families with younger kids. This had no effect on us based on where we were seated but possibly something to consider if visiting this restaurant again. We had the selection of breads to share to start, which was really nice and very tasty. Not a vast menu so I found myself just ordering a burger, which unfortunately was very dry. My husband however ordered a steak which was totally delicious. Had a lovely couple of cocktails with my dinner. Staff were all lovely and service very good. Would visit again but with lots of restaurants in the area they perhaps need to offer more specials to give people more main meal choices.

Visited June 2014
Belfast, N.Ireland
“Group outing...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

At the close of our winter bible study group we booked here for a two course meal for fourteen patrons. Previously this restaurant was trading as Aldens but now changed to Neill's Hill, in my opinion, to possibly attract a wider patronage as Aldens was on the upper end of cost.

The setting was comfortable and there was by good number of clientele present; this helping the ambience with the background chat! There was a choice of starters and four main courses. Overall the meal was tasty and quantity was adequate as I had had a meal at lunchtime. A few of our group had to order side dishes to 'bulk' up. Overall for the money the two courses were well priced.

The trout I ordered was well presented and full of flavour, fish being one of my normal choices. Try this establishment for yourself, you will enjoy it and you will return.

• Visited May 2014
Ireland
“Excellent Staff and great food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2014

This place consistently delivers good food with a very good team to ensure that everything is delivered to the table to the satisfaction of the customers.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank beattie88
county down
“Best breakfast in belfast”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014 via mobile

It can be very difficult to find an eaterie serving good quality breakfasts but not any more! I can state categorically that this restaurant offers the most delicious Ulster fry around, cooked crisp and dry and served piping hot. All you need is a Bloody Mary to accompany!

• Visited June 2014