Neills Hill Brasserie
Ranked #116 of 1,044 Restaurants in Belfast
Price range: US$0 - US$103
Cuisines: Irish, European, British
Good for: Business meetings, Kids, Child-friendly, Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Belfast, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2014

I don't usually post reviews but after eating here at the weekend, I wanted to share my experience. When we first arrived, we had to ask twice if we could order drinks and when someone eventually came over to us, she only wanted a food order and acted like it was the biggest inconvenience when we asked once again to order drinks.
When we finally did get the drinks we ordered, there were bits of dirt floating in both, and coffee stains on the outside of each glass. We asked for clean glasses, and ended up being given the same ones back, with dirt still in them. The drinks had also gone watery and flat, as the glasses has clearly just been rinsed under a tap rather than replaced.
We ordered the soup, which we were told was "carrot & maybe potato, I think"... when this arrived, there was absolutely no taste other than a sickly sweet, sugary taste. It was thin, bland and not worth the 4.95 per bowl.
The mains came out and the waitress (possibly management) didn't even know what she was serving as she TOLD us we had ordered the beef special and reacted quite rudely towards me when I corrected her. The steak itself was dripping in grease and my well done steak was still pink inside. The pepper sauce had mixed with the grease from the steak and ended up like water. At 21.95 for each Steak, it really wasn't good enough. When we told the waiter we hadn't enjoyed any of our food, we were simply greeted with a "oh. I'll just get your bill then." No apology, no real acknowledgement at all.
We were given a discount on the bill, with the soups not being charged for but at a bill which still worked at out at close to £50, and no acknowledgement from any staff about our dissatisfaction, we left feeling very disappointed, robbed and annoyed at the lack of customer service we received.
There are so many places around Ballyhackamore, who serve food of a much higher standard, at much lower prices. Neil's Hill looks lovely, it's a pity the service and food doesn't quite match it.

• Visited August 2014

Belfast, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2014

• Visited August 2014
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Perfect local spot!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

This place is great, for brunch, lunch and dinner. It is the perfect local spot! The staff are friend and efficient, never had a bad meal! The menu is full of choice which is good so you can decide whether to have a light bite or proper meal!

3 Thank christine363
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Very enjoyable evening”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2014

Had a lovely evening meal at Neills HIll a few weeks ago. Hadn't been in it since the name change so was looking forward to it. Staff were very attentive and there was quite a lot to choose from on the menu. Skipped the starter in favour of a desset :) Had the pasta in ratatouille sauce and goats cheese for the main course. Very tasty although I couldnt finish it as it was quite a large portion. Had profiteroles for dessert, which you can never go wrong with. Again, more than one veggie choice so will have to visit again!

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank ro1s1n
London, United Kingdom
“A good night. Well done!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2014

A few friends finally made a date to get together & someone cleverly booked Neil's Hill for dinner. There were 12 or so of us, so our organiser arranged a fix priced menu. I think there were about 3 options for entree, main & dessert. All options were great, so although limited, there was plenty of decision making around the table.
I hadn't been to, or heard of the restaurant before, so had no expectations either way. I have to say they did a great job. The food was really good, the service was great and the whole evening flowed really well.
The salmon dish and the strawberry shortcake were the two standout dishes of the night.
Neils Hill will definitely be on the top of my list when organising a group get together, as they handled everything so well.

• Visited July 2014