“Nice Place”

Ranked #147 of 1,095 Restaurants in Belfast
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 3 June 2014

I visited Cafe Vaudeville last week with colleagues. I loved the decor and I imagine when it's busier the atmosphere would be buzzing.

The food was very nice and reasonably priced and the service was quick and very polite.

I look forward to a return visit when I'm next in Belfast.

Reviewed 1 June 2014

Myself and two friends went here for lunch, just because it was the only place that wasn't heaving with shoppers on a sunny saturday.

Interiors are adorable, although some of the beaded chandeliers looked like they could use a good dusting!

We had fish and chips, burger and goats cheese tart between us, all of which were perfect, and the chocolate fondant with salted caramel ice cream which I cannot praise highly enough. Cocktails were also very nice.

Prices were dead on in my opinion, more than I'd spend on an ordinary lunch but justified by the quality of the food.

We were served by two waiting staff, one was very friendly but the other was a little surly. Not enough to really bother us but it's never nice to feel like you're an inconvenience to someone.

Overall I'd recommend it highly for a bit of a treat. Near us were a table of young girls who were evidently eating after a Bear Factory birthday party - I envied them as I would have felt like an aristocrat at that place as a child!

1  Thank Sarah F
Reviewed 24 May 2014 via mobile

This used to be a favourite pilgrimage for our trips to Belfast but not after today's visit. The service was not good. One member of our party of 4 was left with no lunch whilst the other 3 were served theirs. On reminding the waiter he did not apologise but said he would find out what had happened. He eventually came back with the meal with a story of misunderstanding in the kitchen but the others had virtually finished their meal. The flamboyant decor and good food cannot compensate for sloppy service so we won't be going back.

Reviewed 24 May 2014

We decided to go for coffee and cake today, what a disaster! We waited over half an hour for 2 coffee's, a cup of tea and 3 cakes. When the scone arrived it had been frozen, we had to ask for butter and jam, the coffee was so cold that we had to ask for a jug of hot water to warm it up, my cake was just ok, but 3 times we had to ask a waiter for the Rice krispie bun, when it eventually arrived instead was a slice of raspberry gateau! The table was filthy, the waiter didn't even wipe it when he brought the napkins, it was the probably the worst tea and cakes ever ! We definitely won't be going back !

Reviewed 22 May 2014

We ate in Cafe Vaudeville on Saturday night and as always the food was excellent. It always surprises me how good the selection on the menu is bearing in mind it is primarily a bar. The service at times was slow but the staff were flat out looking after several big groups so taking this into consideration they were very good. One thing I will say is that it is a busy night spot esp. at the weekend so if you are looking for a quite romantic meal I would look somewhere else. For a good start to a night out its perfect. I have never had a bad meal here.

1  Thank David J