“Decent.”

Cuisines: Japanese
Good for: Groups, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 26 July 2014

This is what i would call a good restaurant. The food is typically japanese with a bit of a chinese mix in the starter menu. Service is quick maybe slightly rushed as it is a busy spot and there is a fair wine list. I enjoyed this restaurant and would recommend it.

Reviewed 25 July 2014 via mobile

If you want a fantastic meal - this is the place! Fantastic range of choice and a range of cocktails to suit all tastes! Staff could not be more helpful - taking all time in world to explain the different options on the menu. Zen is a frequent choice for us now and is worth every penny!

1  Thank SineadBel
Reviewed 22 July 2014

I visited Zen with some customers from work on the 19th July 2014.
Having been a Sushi Virgin before this, I was very pleasantly surprised at the Asian flavors and delights that where set before me.
Having been greeted by friendly and cheerful staff, I was shown to my table and a drink order taken. I tried the Japanese beer which was very refreshing.
The rest of the party joined me and we order some food, a mixture of starters and main courses with a large duck salad.
I was unsure what to expect as I had never tried this type of food before. Well I was very pleased with all the different flavors and really enjoyed everything that was presented to us.
All topped of by well mannered staff, nice decor and great service.

Price wise it is a little above the average, but if you want a treat and something different this is the place to go.

Well done Zen and good luck with your venue in Hong Kong

Reviewed 21 July 2014

I've been going to this restaurant for years both socially & with work but I shall not be back after they way my fiancee was spoken to be a member of staff. She ordered a chicken dish that arrived with several pieces of sliced chicken, she cut up a slice in half & tasted it, straight away she said it was tough & passed me the other half, I tasted it & agreed it was like leather. We called over the waitress who in turn brought over the floor manager who offered to replace the dish but my fiancee replied that ok she'd just have the rice (seperate dish with seperate cost) to which the floor manager said ok & it'd would reflect on the bill. On receipt of the bill we were fully charged, we addressed this & it came back again with half the price of the chicken dish removed. We queried the bill again as our thinking is why pay half for something that was well below par & wasn't eaten. But according to this overly aggressive floor manager who shouted down my fiancee the simple fact that she had the audacity of tasting her food equates to have eaten half her meal & the meal was in the kitchen ready to be called upon as evidence. This was a small issue made big by a floor manager with little or no people skills. The only way you could of spoken to him was to either shout over him or restrain him. It's a shame Zen, you used to be a classy place.

12  Thank JK8ley
Reviewed 18 July 2014 via mobile

Amazing food, very helpful and friendly staff and a great atmosphere!
All round great experience and will definitely be back!