“Best burrito this side of the Atlantic”

Boojum - Botanic Avenue
Ranked #66 of 1,052 Restaurants in Belfast
Price range: US$6 - US$10
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Takeout
London, United Kingdom
“Best burrito this side of the Atlantic”
Reviewed 22 March 2014

I've been here a few times to know that the queue is absolutely crazy at lunchtimes so I opted for an early lunch when I was in the city for work.

Had the veggie burrito and wasn't disappointed at all, it was so big that I only managed half of it and left very very stuffed. Love the fact you can choose everything - down to a white or wholemeal wrap!

If there's one place to go to in Belfast for lunch, it's here!

• Visited March 2014

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
Belfast
“Overrated”
Reviewed 20 March 2014

After listening to colleagues raving about this place I felt like I needed to try it. We headed round and the queue was out the door so I thought that this place would be amazing. How wrong was I???
To begin with, I was overcharged, however I didn't realise this until I returned to work and checked the change in my pocket. I had the pulled pork burrito and thought that it would be really flavoursome, again I was wrong. There wasn't much flavour to any of it. The worst thing about this burrito was the sogginess, the best way I could describe my lunch was tasteless,watery mush. Will not be returning!!!

• Visited February 2014
5 Thank belfasttraveller2107
John B, Owner at Boojum - Botanic Avenue, responded to this review, 24 March 2014
Hi there,

Thanks for getting in touch about your recent boojum experience. It
doesn't sound like it was a great one so I was wondering if you could
email emma@boojummex.com with some more information about exactly what you got
in your burrito? Bland and flavourless are not normally the feedback we
receive so perhaps something went wrong with your burrito on the day you
were in.

The pork wouldn't have as strong a flavour as say the shredded beef or
chilli but there should have been flavour coming from the rice, beans,
salsas, etc. So if you're able to email us more information that would
be great.

Thanks,

John
Greenisland
“Good Portions”
Reviewed 18 March 2014

Visited this restaurant with my daughter,it was a new experience as hadn't been to a restaurant like it before.Plenty of choice bit overwhelming.What I chose was tasty and very filling.

• Visited August 2013
Ivrea, Italy
“On a Budget”
Reviewed 15 March 2014

This place offers you good mexican food for cheap prices. you have a different variety of choice and you can build your own plate by yourself. expect long queue every day at every time, since this place is very popular in Belfast.

• Visited March 2014
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Good food.”
Reviewed 13 March 2014

Good,food, however they unfortunately don't take debit or credit cards and there isn't an ATM all that close. I don't really tend to carry very much cash around with me, so it is an inconvenience that way. I suppose it allows people to be served quicker, etc., but once or twice I have gone there and had to turn back 'cos I had forgotten it is cash only. Aside from that, it is fresh, tasty, good value, but I feel some of the staff could be a little more pleasant or less abrupt when dealing with the general public. Almost a 5 star, but not quite... =)

• Visited January 2014