“Great service and filling food”
Review of Gingeroot

Gingeroot
Ranked #639 of 1,128 Restaurants in Belfast
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Romantic, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Golden Mile
Reviewed 4 January 2014

The service was exceptionally personable and the food filled me up. I was even offered a complimentary Baileys on the way out the door but had to decline it as I was that full (if you know me, I never turn down a free drink from a pretty lady!).

1  Thank AnthonyHayllar

Reviewed 3 January 2014

My self and a group of friends met up for our Christmas get togeather in the Crown bar Belfast, after a few drinks we usually head up to the Botanic area for our annual Indian meal, but because that night's weather was so bad somebody suggested the Ginger root. (Basicaly up the road). Whay a lucky find, we were met with a large asian family just leaving, (I know it's cliched, but if they go there it must be good), and it was, we were made to feel very welcome by (I assume the owner) and his very attentive staff, he advised us on our choice of food, catering for all our differing tastes. When the food arrived it was out of this world, everthing from the starters to the main course were absolutely beautiful, and the additional vindaloo sauce certainly hit the spot.I would thoroughy recommend the Ginger root, and I cannot wait to go back.

2  Thank JayBeeCoAntrim
Reviewed 27 November 2013 via mobile

We (30 odd) had been there for a customised buffet dinner (generally it's not part of their menu) for which the management agreed and made the necessary arrangement so as to have our private dinner buffet. I had to say the staff was all courteous and provided a good ambience

Food - the lamb sheek kebab was the pick of all and others were good in taste. The veg panner left the taste buds in a bad taste

Drinks- if you want to try Indian desi beer you can give a shot here

Overall - it's a very average taste but a ideal choice for once in blue moon

1  Thank Caballero500
Reviewed 23 November 2013

decided to try the early bird good value for ten pounds but made to feel different by the smaller portions as the couple beside us ordered off the main menu and there portions were considerably larger than ours.Food was lovely but it shouldn't matter if u order from early bird or main menu,the portions should be the same.

2  Thank AlibaBangor
Reviewed 3 November 2013 via mobile

We went here last night for dinner after being recommended this place and boy was our friend right! I can honestly say that this is the best Indian meal I have ever had and I would highly recommend this place if you are thinking about trying it! The service was spot on as well with dad going around all the tables and chatting to all his customers, nice touch! In a nutshell, if you haven't been yet, GO NOW!!!!

1  Thank Chewylouey