“Rude waiters and a 2 hour wait for main course”
Review of Lolita - CLOSED

Lolita
Price range: US$19 - US$26
Cuisines: Indian, Asian
Good for: Business meetings, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol
Neighbourhood: Stranmillis
Belfast, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
“Rude waiters and a 2 hour wait for main course”
Reviewed 29 July 2013

I went with my wife & family last Thursday evening and had such a terrible experience that I feel compelled to warn others. Our table was booked for 8pm but the restaurant was extremely busy so we had to wait 15 mins or so for our table, which we didn't mind. We did start to get annoyed when nobody came to take our order though. After asking for a waiter, we ordered. We were told 5 minutes or so after ordering that half of the starters that we ordered were actually unavailable. A member of staff threw menus at us and impatiently hovered over us waiting for us to pick an alternative. We noticed that we weren't the only table who were obviously hungry and slowly but surely losing the will to live. We had to ask several times what the hold up was but they just kept saying "5 minutes". Our main courses eventually arrived at our table at 10 pm (nearly 2 hours later). We ordered naan bread for our table which never arrived and basmati rice which also never appeared. We wouldn't have minded as much, had the staff appeared to give a toss about us or any of the other customers there, but sadly their attitude completely stank. The problem on this particular night, apart from the rudeness of the staff, was the fact that they kept letting people in off the street when they obviously couldn't cope with the numbers that they already had in the restaurant. Complete and utter greed. I have never seen so many people complain at a restaurant in my life and will not be darkening the doors of Lolita again.

“Complete disaster.”
Reviewed 26 July 2013 via mobile

My wife and I booked a table for 8:30 on Thursday evening and we arrived 5 mins before then. When we arrived there was a queue inside the door but nobody came and spoke to us. I eventually went in and asked a waiter if our table for 8:30 was ready. He very curtly replied "Another 5 or 10 mins go back in the queue."
Eventually at 8:50 we were seated. We ordered our starter and a bottle of wine. They were served about 9:05. At 9:50 I enquired as to why our main course was taking so long to which the rude waiter just told me another 5 or 10 mins....and no sign of an apology. Eventually at 10:15 with still no main course we decided to give up so we just stood up and walked out.
Worst experience in a restaurant that my wife and I have experienced in a long time. We certainly won't be back again. Will stick to our usual Bengal Brasserie instead.

“Rude waiters”
Reviewed 26 July 2013

Groupon deal treated like second class. Waiters didn't care rude and not helpful. Food was lovely but to many other restaurants out there were your treated like a customer.
Will not be back.

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Rude food!”
Reviewed 25 July 2013

Visited the restaurant this evening with a table booked for 730. Table not ready, no explanation, just wait outside, unbelievable. The Indian waiters were just ignorant and rude. The oriental waitresses were very pleasant but over worked. Delivery of food to the table was akin to an army mess with plates banged down in front of you. Food was actually very good but served in the style of a modern day faulty
towers.

Would we go back, no will be returning to the jahana on Lisburn Road which is excellent all round.

1 Thank Petitepiper
“Wouldn't return”
Reviewed 22 July 2013

My partner and I heard good reviews about this restaurant from a few friends so we decided to try it out for ourselves last night.

On arrival the waiters did not greet us straight away, the waiter turned his back to us at the till and left us standing up near the bar area for a few good minutes.

Five minutes after being seated we still had not received any menus! My partner requested the menus and was answered with a grunt from the waiter and he threw the menus on the table. He took our drink orders (1 red wine and 1 beer), snatched up the wine glasses and off he went - he then realised his mistake and had to bring down the wine glass to the table again.

After sitting at the table for around 10-15 minutes our order still hadn't been taken so again my partner had to get up to ask the waiter to come take our order.

After placing our order we had to wait 40 minutes for 2 main meals, 1 rice and 1 nan!!! They brought out the 2 mains and rice and the waiter mentioned that he was going back for the nan. Next time we saw him he was serving another couple!! 5 minutes later our nan arrived (after half the meal was eaten)

The food was ok, small portions and not very authentic. I have been in India and have never tasted anything like this at all.

If you want bad service, grumpy waiters, average food at very expensive prices then Lolita is the place to be.

2 Thank L_Kerr