“Lovely food great service!” 5 of 5 bubbles

The Raj
Ranked #40 of 1,040 Restaurants in Belfast
Price range: US$12 - US$30
Cuisines: Indian, Asian, Balti
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly, Cheap Eats, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: Welcome to The Raj Indian Restaurant. Authentic Indian Food at affordable prices.Situated on the famous Lisburn road in Belfast City, we are easy to find and close to lots of great bars and boutiques.The East meets West feel to our restaurant means you get to enjoy our great authentic food in a modern and stylish setting.We pride ourselves: = We have a wide range of Gluten Free and Dairy Free options = Our dishes do not contain artificial colouring. = All ingredients are locally sourced where possible. = We support local business. = Many of our suppliers are Northern Irish companies.
Northern Ireland
“Lovely food great service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2014

Excellent service and tasty food! Just had takeawy from the Raj for the first time, and I have to say it was tasty. The service was excellent and staff were very friendly.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank Nordiefolk

Belfast, United Kingdom
“Great food and wonderful service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2014

Visited with a party of 11 on a Friday night.From arrival the service was brilliant with a cold Cobra beer soon delivered. Went for mixed starters and then a very hot Lamb dish, Service was with a smile . You could not fail to notice that this restaurant is very popular with the local Indian community .. There was loads of substance to the food and taste unlike a few other big name Indian restaurants .Its hand to train station too so definitely will be back. Full marks to owner and his wonderful team. Empty plates ! Plus lots of empty Cobra bottles !

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Liketogetoutandabout
belfast
“suberb!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2014

We hadn't been to this restaurant for a number of years and called in on a whim on Friday evening, unbooked. "No problem" said the smiling young Indian girl as she led us to our table. And that was the start of a very pleasant evening. Lovely poppadoms to start. Mixed veg starter followed by seriously delicious fragrant rice, garlic nan bread, chicken masala and rogan josh. Yummy!! Washed down with a glass of wine and sparkling water all for £37. Bargain. As I stated in previous reviews, I've travelled many times throughout India and SE Asia; attended cookery school in Jaipur and have a reasonable idea about Indian food. Make no mistake, this is as good as it gets.

1 Thank MartinJi
Cornwall, UK
“The Perfect Meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2014

I went to the Raj with family because of a living social deal. I'm so gutted that I have lived in Belfast for 6 months (and just about to leave) and only just found this place!! It's amazing. The best Indian food I've ever tasted. I went back 3 times in 2 weeks after my first visit. I will definitely miss it.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank straightedgers
Belfast
“So lovely defo recommend”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2014

Had a wee voucher to use up so went last week.

Despite my meal being a Social Living Voucher Meal Deal (I know of other places that tend to downsize portions etc when using deals) the food was gorgeous.

The starters platter for two was so tasty and so much infact was almost too full from that alone.

Chicken Tikka Masala and Butter Chicken with pilau rice was to die for - so tasty nothing else I can say really.

Staff were very attentive and I will defo be back - Lovely interior too very nice atmosphere.

1 Thank JacksBelfast