“fabulous”

Cuisines: Japanese
Good for: Groups, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Queen's Quarter
Description: Nestled in Belfast's bustling Botanic Avenue, Sakura Sushi restaurant brings a taste of Tokyo to the city streets of Northern Ireland. Named after Japan's national flower – the cherry blossom – this sweet and shiny sushi restaurant is split over two floors and filled with glazed walnut furniture, a feature floral wall, bright and bubbly background music and cute Japanese lanterns. On the ground floor you can sit at the sushi train and choose from a superb selection of fresh sushi and sashimi or meals such as the salt and chilli sea bass or the roasted pork with curry udon noodles, while upstairs offers a variety of flexible spaces with plush carpets and sliding doors that are perfect for private parties.
“fabulous”
Reviewed 5 February 2014

Everything about this place is wonderful. The staff are friendly and efficient, the menu has something for everyone and the food is superb. It is not expensive and I would highly recommend anyone looking for a nice night out to start at this restaurant.

• Visited September 2013

“Delicious!”
Reviewed 4 February 2014 via mobile

I called in for lunch on Sunday and sampled the sushi train which was lovely and fresh and totally different for Sunday lunch. Staff we're very friendly and accommodating for my little boy. I'll definitely be back!

• Visited February 2014
Godalming, United Kingdom
“Authentic Japanese Experience”
Reviewed 9 December 2013

We stumbled across this restaurant on a Sunday evening after looking online for a restaurant and finding many restaurants in Belfast close on Sunday evenings. After being a little bit panicked that we may not find anywhere, we drove around until we found one that was open and it happened to be Sakura. Well, that was a lucky find for us. Parking was easy outside. The place was suprisingly empty with only a few tables occupied, however we were seated in front of the conveyor of food. Not being a fan of that ready made option we made our choices from the menu. Some of the things we ordered were salted fish and deep friend tofu which were delicious. The staff seemed very stern but professional. Quite different to what we were generally used to. It seemed quite quaint to hear the japanese staff speaking with Northern Irish accents.
We both thoroughly enjoyed our food and the waitresses were very efficient with bringing drinks and food.
They didn't rush us but I couldn't help feeling that we shouldn't hang around after we were finished but that might just have been me :-)
I would recommend going there to anyone who llikes Japanese Cuisine, if not there were other restaurants close by to choose from that were open on a Sunday evening too.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank NikiTurner
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Nice food, terrible service, over-priced”
Reviewed 17 November 2013

My husband and I went here last night for a special anniversary meal. We began by ordering tea, one cup was brought between two of us, we then had the sushi train for starters, it was nice but at £3.50 a plate ridiculously overpriced (being one of the few restaurants in Belfast that serves sushi they obviously can get away with charging £3.50 for two small pieces of sushi). I ordered seabass as a main and was brought squid, restaurants get orders wrong at times and this is understandable, I would never give a bad review for that on its own however it was the lack of an apology and unfriendly waiting staff that drove me to write this. I had to wave at the waitress numerous times before she came over, I had put half my dish of rice on the plate before I realised I had been given the wrong dish and this was taken away and no fresh rice was brought when my seabass arrived ( meaning I paid for half a portion I did not receive) I did not receive a 'sorry about that' from any of the serving staff, in fact they seemed rather annoyed at me for sending it back! my husbands meal had went cold by the time my own had arrived ( they had not offered to keep his warm while my correct dish was being prepared) throughout our whole meal not one of the waitresses smiled or appeared friendly, in fact they all looked rather sullen. We paid over £50 for this meal and although the food was nice it was overpriced and the customer service was appalling.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank swailf
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Fresh authentic sushi - great value too!”
Reviewed 14 November 2013

We went to Sakura for lunch on 12.11.13 and ate from the sushi train. If you like authentic fresh sushi and Japanese food generally then I would recommend this without hesitation. Sushi was super fresh and well made - no Yo Sushi rubbish here. Ordered salmon sashimi from the menu as none out and it was fantastic. Generous slices of ice fresh well cut salmon yum! (Also great value.)
Venue itself very authentic and had a nice buzzy sushi train vibe with very zen Japanese decor. Can usually find car parking spaces on street without too much trouble.

• Visited October 2013