“Such a lovely restaurant”

The Cellar Restaurant
Ranked #7 of 42 Restaurants in Ballycastle
Price range: US$12 - US$31
Cuisines: Irish, European, Seafood, British
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Cash Only, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: Ballycastle's best kept secret...
Reading UK
“Such a lovely restaurant”
Reviewed 9 April 2014

Tourist from England looking for some nice food at a nice restaurant. It was so cosy and cute, I imagine in the winter to be really adorable! We did the early bird special between 5-7pm on weekdays choosing a selection from some starters/main or main/dessert with a wine for 10pound. It was so romantic and nice really enjoyed it. The food was really beautiful and I just thought this place deserved a good rating! Of course there were other items a little more, but if your looking to pay for a decent romantic intimate restaurant this would be it :) Made the sightseeing day that much better!

• Visited April 2014

Ballymoney, United Kingdom
“A hidden secret!”
Reviewed 21 March 2014

We live near Ballycastle and would probably eat out thee on a week. There is a wide choice of restaurants and we decided to try the Cellar Restaurant tonight as it was the only restaurant we hadn't been to. It was such a pleasant surprise. The restaurant itself is a little cold but the food more than made up for it. The menu is extensive and I could have chosen lots of things. We had the mussels to start which were excellent and then I had the special Duet of Fish which was lovely. I would definitely have it again. The portion sizes are very good and we only managed to share a desert and I had a coffee. I would definitely recommend this restaurant and I will be back. It perhaps does not quite have the atmosphere of the bar/restaurants in the town but the food was brilliant.

• Visited March 2014
chris m, Owner at The Cellar Restaurant, responded to this review, 24 March 2014
Thank you for your lovely comment on your visit to my restaurant, the duet of fish is our new special on our menu which we change every fortnight to give a variety of fresh local caught fish.
I look forward to having your custom and support again
Moutain West
“Don't order the lobster”
Reviewed 12 November 2013

We ate at The Cellar during the off-season on a week night. My friend had the mussels, and they were delicious. I ordered the lobster, since past reviews mentioned this was good. I was very disappointed in the tough, over-cooked specimen that I was given. Additionally, the sauteed potatoes tasted like they were cooked in old grease. Fortunately, the salad and wine were very good. The waitress did reduce the bill following my complaint.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank snow_is_old
northern ireland
“Fantastic Service & Food!!”
Reviewed 21 October 2013

Great little restaurant in the Diamond area in Ballycastle! Look out for it as you might miss it!
Food is amazing, especially the Cajun Fillet Steak. Lovely atmosphere and good wine list! They do an early bird menu which is great value for money!

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank annemarie80
Esher, England
“Good choice in Ballycastle”
Reviewed 9 October 2013

Went in early and could have had the excellent value early-bird menu, but ended up ordering from the main menu, which was still very good value. A nice piece of salmon with a whiskey and herb sauce, unusual but good. Interesting decor, a bit like an old fashioned railway train banquettes. Very quiet in the early evening, with efficient service. My only reservation was the background music, with singers who all sounded as if they were undergoing some form of exquisite torture (but maybe that's just me).

• Visited September 2013