“A wee gem”
Review of Watertop Farm

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ballycastle
Watertop Farm
belfast
“A wee gem”
Reviewed 26 May 2014 via mobile

Just back from a weekend staying here with our touring caravan. A really friendly place and so much for children to enjoy. Staff very helpful and obviously enjoy sharing this little piece of heaven in the glens with those who stay. We will be back. The Millar family.

Stayed May 2014
1 Thank gwyndaff
watertopterry, Owner at Watertop Farm, responded to this review, 11 July 2014
Thank you so much! We really do want to share our home and the scenery we have with our visitors. We are really lucky in that our staff are all local and are a great bunch.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 January 2014

firstly have to say family and staff couldnt do enough for you very clean site basic but perfect for kids. stayed 3 times summer 2013

my only concerns were open fires on site , signs everywere about no fires but yet still people had them. close to tents and with no care taken. even saw one group two families same pitch brake up a fence for fire wood these were not cooking fires almost bonefires.

on first night a warden told them keep sound down but not about fire and as soon as he left sound as bad as always. now if this had been on one trip i would over look it but no on all three the sound and fires were lit.

I have years of great stays at this site 4-5 a year ranging from week to 3 nights but we didnt return last year after third and are unsure if will again. such a shame kids love it.

second problem was the site being used as over flow car park i had paid for the silence the space not for the mess and car traffic this brings.. simple fix tape off lower half of site use as overflow it is a buisness after all but we had them turning in our space also other campers said same . they would walk up to look at tents kids got on a childs bike left at a tent up from us. the security issue from possible theift clear to see.

i do hope owners see this some way and address issues for future as my kids love site and i only write this in the hope we can return if changes addressed.

1 Thank k g
watertopterry, Owner at Watertop Farm, responded to this review, 11 July 2014
Firstly really sorry I did not see and reply to you sooner. Secondly really sorry you are considering not returning. I can't explain the fires because we do have a very strict rules about fires and barbque trays on the pitches.The "warden" would have been one of the family and he is usually very strict about noise late at night.
I must apologise for the carparking. We do need to use that field for the overflow which can be considerable on busy days. We do now tape it off so no one uses the camping area for parking.
I do hope you will consider staying again in the future.
Terry
dundonald
Reviewed 26 August 2013

Its not very often we get up as we own Streamvale farm in Belfast, but love to get up when we can to see Watertop. It is family run and the family are so friendly and kind. The animals are all great and the views are out of this world beautiful! Pony trekking is brill. The play areas are fab for all ages also. Always have a great day here. Highly recommended.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Helen M
bristol, united kingdom
Reviewed 23 August 2013

Great family day out. Fantastic staff and activities. Stunning location. One big niggle like last reviewer is kittens and pups were being constantly dragged out of warmth of pens/hutch (even when clearly asleep) by excited children. Pups in particular looked very young with no mum nearby. I wish these animals were given somewhere quiet and private with no access to public! Fine if they want to play and are awake but otherwise it's just cruel.
As I said, otherwise a brilliant day. Activities are really what makes farm! Cannot rate them and friendliness of staff highly enough.

• Stayed August 2013
2 Thank ros_coll
Derry, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 August 2013

I had a few issues with our visit this summer. Firstly there is no supervision of the animals within the farm especially puppies and kittens. I observed on several occasions children handling the kittens and hurting them on several occasions. The puppies were under the age of 8wks old but yet were not with their mum which is highly inappropriate for puppies welfare and future bonding. Children were able to walk into the pens and I noticed two children squirting the pups with a water gun. They were also lifting the puppies inappropriately. This can all cause a recipe for disaster when the pups move to their new homes after being badly treated. There was no hand wash or paper towels on several occasions during our visit.

There are two showers which were very dirty. There are two toilets for both users of caravans/tents and visitors to the farm which is not sufficient. They are also not very clean.
Facilities within the farm are great and the kids enjoyed them thoroughly.

4 Thank Sam76102
Carrickfergus, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 August 2013

We have stayed in Watertop Campsite now a couple of times. I had booked and paid in full for a third stay but unfortunately something came up during the week and i had to ring them to postpone my stay until the week after. Unfortunately the camp site was full the week after and i couldn't book, it wasnt convenient any other time. The guy on the phone, i think his name was Ken, got a wee bit cheeky with me and said he was keeping my payment (which was made in full) stating that they had to turn people away all the time. I had given them plenty of notice of cancellation and found them extremely awkward when it came to getting my payment refunded. I was decent enough to give plenty of notice of cancellation, (more than 72 hours) and if they had to turn people away all the time then i am sure it wouldn't have been difficult enough to get it rebooked by someone else, therefore making a 100% profit by 'stealing' my money! It was the attitude that annoyed me. The campsite itself is just ok. The toilets were dirty and full of flies and the showers (only 2) were very basic. I would have given a great review if we had've been treated differently but unfortunately service counts these days. We would have gone back again and again, but lack of understanding and service has made our minds up.

Room Tip: Choose a site away from the water tap or you will be 'runnin' all night long.