“Excellent sailing trip”

Causeway Coast Sailing
Ranked #12 of 20 things to do in Ballycastle
More attraction details
Owner description: Day sailing in Northern Ireland. Enjoy a day's sailing on Antrim's scenic causeway coast on our 24' yacht departing from Ballycastle Marina or Rathlin Island. Sailing trips from £17 per person. No sailing experience required! Sail for a morning or afternoon around Ballycastle Bay - Sail to Balintoy for lunch and back in the afternoon - Make the crossing to Rathlin Island under sail - Learn the basics of sailing with hands on experience - See the Northern Ireland coast from the water
Reviewed 7 April 2014

Booked an hour and half sailing experience with Chris for 3 of us. We all have been sailing many times before and enjoyed this trip immensely. Chris was a great host as well as a calm and patient instructor. This was especially important in the strong winds we had that day. The Evenstar was a excellent boat extremely well equipped, stable and easy to sail (looking to get one myself now). Incredibly enjoyable day highly recommended firm

1  Thank Simon J
Chris C, Owner at Causeway Coast Sailing, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2014

Many thanks for taking the time to write a review, much appreciated. Glad you enjoyed the sail!. Chris.

Reviewed 22 May 2012

My husband and I booked a half day (morning) sail with interest in getting some sailing lessions along with scenery of the coast. The weather was a bit rainy when we first went out, but the sun did come out and we got some really good sailing (and pictures) in!

Chris was great! He was friendly, entertaining and a great instructor.
We learned a lot of the basics of sailing as well as some history of the Causway Coast.

This was the highlight of our week-long trip!

3  Thank wallacke
Reviewed 19 April 2012

We have many hours sailing experience but still picked up lots of tips from Chris,he has lots of experience and can teach a novice or experienced sailors alike.We sailed upto Ballintoy and around sheep Island and the views were amazing,so don't forget your camera.The price for the trip was well worth the money,and it was fun from start to finish.

2  Thank Neil R
Reviewed 19 January 2012

Upon arrival Chris' guests are made to feel welcome and a part of the team straight away. I'm not a sailor or au fait with sailing jargon but with Chris I felt that I could manage. I was given just enough responsibility to feel that I was contributing but not enough to feel over whelmed. The relaxed atmosphere and delightful company made for an exhilirating afternoon. My partner and I will definitely be using this attraction again.

1  Thank CroweWishart
Reviewed 19 January 2012

Causeway Coast Sailing has given me a unique experience. With no previous sailing skills I've went out several times now in various conditions and had a great time. This really gives you the feel for sailing and some great memories as well. I felt both safe in the hands of the very capable crew and also in the middle of an adventure which I wont forget. I'll definitely be back in the water with these folks and I'm looking forward to it.

2  Thank John C